Gcp Applied Technologies
About GCP Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies Inc. is $1B, industry-leading public company with customers in more than 110 countries, operations on six continents, and an energized team of 2,000 employees. Our R&D Center is located at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Our products are found in world-renowned landmarks, from the subway systems to the world's tallest buildings. We are #1 in cement additives and #2 in concrete admixtures; #1 in bonded pre-applied waterproofing membranes and a global leader in waterproofing technologies. Our technologies reduce the environmental impact of our customers' products and environment, health, and safety are core to our business and our culture.
The GCP worldwide team is as diverse as the many countries where we operate. Together, we create and collaborate, sharing a commitment to focus, to professionalism, to knowledge applied, to teamwork, and to outperform. When we enable our customers to succeed, so do we.
GCP has developed a new industry subcategory, In-Transit Concrete Management. The company's flagship solution in this sub-category is Verifi, a complex electromechanical control system for managing the properties of concrete during delivery. We convert the large data sets generated from these deliveries into simple and useful tools that help our customers run smarter operations and design better concrete.
Senior Embedded C++ Engineer
The Verifi In-Transit Concrete Management System combines Industrial IOT, device automation, chemistry, machine learning, big data and "real-time" stream data processing in the cloud to revolutionize concrete production and delivery. This disruptive technology has been proven to be effective in the field and is already being widely adopted globally, with more truck installations every day. To support this demand, we are expanding our Embedded Software team to improve the current iteration of our embedded software and also develop our next-generation of products and devices.
In this role you will work closely with product stakeholders, data scientists, embedded and cloud software engineers, quality assurance engineers and field service technicians to develop and test software enhancements to existing device platform and to help move our platform forward with development on future iterations of our system. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-moving software development team doing cutting-edge development to solve real-world problems at scale. Our team can take advantage of all the resources and benefits of the larger GCP organization, but as an independent software engineering team we are also able to define our own technologies and processes without the overhead that you might expect. We also believe that only a healthy team can build healthy systems, so prioritize a sustainable life-work balance and provide many great benefits like an on-campus gym and cafeteria.
If you are passionate about code reliability, maintainability and quality, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a diverse team focused on iterative development and improvement, then we would like to speak to you about the opportunities at GCP Applied Technologies.
Responsibilities of this role include:
* Architect and implement a major hardware/software revision for onboard truck processing
* Design, develop and debug Linux based embedded C++ applications for the collection and processing of data from vehicle based sensors and meters
* Design and implement CAN/serial bus interfaces and related application code
* Expand on GPRS based protocol between devices on the truck and Cloud
* Implement devices that perform data collection functions through a CAN interface
* Work closely with the Quality Assurance engineers to validate the components and implement automated tests for continuous integration
* Work with cloud engineers to improve reliability and security of device-cloud communication.
* Contribute to efforts to automate simulation, testing and deployment of embedded software.
* Participate in design and code reviews.
Candidates for this position should meet the following:
* 8+ years embedded firmware development on single or multi-processor subsystems using C/C++
* 6+ years testing and debugging complete subsystem hardware and firmware
* 3+ years experience in complementary technologies: Python, Java, MATLAB, neural nets, machine learning
* History of successful interfacing with domain experts and data scientists
* Familiarity with messaging protocols like MQTT, STOMP, etc.
* Extensive experience and deep skills in OOA / OOD
* Experience with modern software development tools and practices (GIT, agile development, etc)
* Experience with TDD a plus
* Experience with industrial automation, sensors, and/or automotive (J-1939) a plus
* Experience with CI/CD and testing automation a plus
* BS/MS in EE and/or CS or equivalent experience
This position is full-time on site at our Cambridge campus.
Travel: less than 10%
About Gcp Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies sells chemicals and materials used in construction as well as sealants and coatings used in packaging.