We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Senior Email Developer is responsible for the technical creation of emails. Primary job tasks include, but are not limited to: html development and/or manipulation, content implementation, audience segmentation, testing implementation (A/B, mulitvariate), quality control, and email rendering through the email service provider (ESP).
* Responsible for the creation of emails, including, but not limited to, html development, audience building, testing, and quality control
* Is self-directed in executing complex email development requirements
* Employs resources and optimizes work efficiently within scope of responsibility
* Initiates courses of action in line with Marketing strategy, drives forward and follows through against promised development timelines
* Constructs hypotheses to issues, seeks solutions and applies email industry best practices to improve overall email program quality
* Communicates in a compelling and well thought-out manner in all types of interaction, creates a point of view, collaborates effectively, presents with poise and confidence
* Understands and assists in driving email requirements and best practices; recognizes gaps and identifies development issues
* Is adaptable to evolving business needs and a changing environment, including email industry changes
* Solution oriented; positively impacts the environment of his or her direct team and others with whom he or she interacts
* Works with leader to align on priorities, constructively address project work, and build personal development plans
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
* Minimum 5 years experience in related field required (i.e., email marketing, email development, social media marketing)
* Minimum 5 years experience with email service providers (ESPs) required, such as Oracle Responsys, Adobe Campaign, or Salesforce ExactTarget
* Minimum 5 years experience with email testing techniques required, including A/B and/or multivariate
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Knowledge of email HTML code standards and ability to troubleshoot rendering issues in a wide array of configurations
* Fluency with HTML editors, such as Adobe Dreamweaver
* Knowledge of email best practices and passion to stay ahead of marketing trends in the channel
* Ability to understand list selection criteria and to create targeted audience files for distribution
* Ability to assemble emails that contain dynamic content targeting
* Working knowledge of pre-campaign testing tools, inbox monitoring, and blacklist/reputation monitoring tools, such as Return Path
* Working knowledge of Photoshop techniques
* Communicates effectively by listening intently, questioning appropriately, and articulating clearly in both written and verbal formats
* Prioritizes effectively and hits promised timelines
* Delivers quality work within a low-cost environment
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and low-cost carrier.