Senior DSP Engineer
Req #: 222846
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
You will develop and integrate cutting edge capabilities into Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and advanced electronic warfare platforms and products, and will be a critical resource for conceiving, developing, testing, and deploying mission critical capabilities for our customers. Daily activities typically include development of detection, demodulation and processing algorithms for wireless signals; development of knowledge base of signal types and characteristics to support processing efforts; and implementation of algorithms for production collection systems. It will also include work on next-generation advanced electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems and collaboration with other team members and technical disciplines on projects. Come join a dynamic and fun team on the bleeding edge of technology! Offices for this opportunity are in Sterling, VA OR Austin, TX.
More about this Role:
* Develop detection, demodulation and processing algorithms for wireless signals.
* Research advanced signal processing techniques to help define capability roadmaps.
* Help grow knowledge base of signal types and characteristics to support processing efforts.
* Implement algorithms for production collection systems
* Work independently and with team members, principal investigators, and program managers to investigate technical approaches to challenging signal processing, estimation, and detection problems.
* Regularly employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions to solve difficult and moderately complex problems.
* Work closely with other groups across the company to transition new capabilities into deployable systems.
* Subject matter expert (SME) in digital signal processing, wireless communication theory, and estimation/detection theory. Preference to the candidate with strong background in current wireless protocols, digital communications systems, and RF physical and MAC layer protocols.
* Strong in object oriented design.
* Proven experience in C/C++ development in team environments.
* Expert knowledge of engineering fundamentals (preferred M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics).
* Demonstrated background of feature/capability software implementations that require strong DSP and RF fundamentals.
* Experience in a lab environment including use of signal generators and RF components (e.g., filters, splitters, attenuators).
* Ability to evaluate technical trade-offs and to conduct an analysis of alternatives.
* Self-starter with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
* Coaches, reviews and delegates work to assigned technical team members.
* US Citizenship.
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree (highly preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* Understanding of software defined radio (SDR) principles.
* Experience with real-time and/or embedded system development.
* Ability to understand and formulate mathematical, statistical, and computational models.
* Experience in machine learning and pattern recognition.
* Experience with algorithm implementation for DSP and/or FPGA.
* Experience with C++11, C++14.
* Understand Agile and Spiral development methodologies.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.