Imagine new horizons...
This is an excellent opportunity to join our web development team based in Waltham, working on advanced Drupal 8 web-based applications in an agile development team. As a senior developer on the team, you will be involved in all aspects of application development including interpreting requirements, design, development, maintenance and automated testing. This position will be primarily responsible for Drupal 8 back-end/module development. As the lead developer on numerous related projects there will be the need to help integrate the development team to align with the latest internal and external Drupal 8 best practices. Assisting and providing guidance to team members will be a key piece of this role. This position will also be responsible for some of the more complex parts of ongoing and upcoming projects with the assistance of the current team.
You will be responsible for helping to design and implement new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website's architecture, and managing the major technical aspects of the CMS. You will work closely with the other back-end and front-end developers and internal clients to consistently ensure solid implementations.
What will your job be?
* Build a functional production Drupal 8 website from the code delivered by a design vendor or internal resources
* Update or enhance existing applications based of requirements
* Create custom modules and features as well as enhance existing Drupal 8 customizations
* Source control will be done through Git with a need to maintain and merge branches across teams
Your key success factors
* Expert level experience with Drupal 8 development practices and principles
> Advanced site building experience including deep familiarity with various Drupal modules
> Experience creating custom Drupal modules
> Expert level knowledge of server side scripting languages - primarily PHP
> Mastery of relational database development and best practices
> Expert level experience with MySQL database development
> High level working knowledge of Docker, Drush, Acquia BLT, Jenkins and Gherkin
* Passion for sharing knowledge with others and proven track record of team development
* Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
* LAMP development environment, including Terminal, SSH, and Bash
* Strong skills in open source development workflow using Git, forks, and pull requests
* Work onsite at Dassault Systèmes 175 Wyman Street Waltham, MA.
* Strong communication skills in two parts: 1.) very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar; 2.) verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
* Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
Nice to have, not required
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technical equivalent
* Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
* Debugging client-side issues with firebug, web developer and similar tools.
* DOM manipulation and AJAX-enabled UIs are easy and standard operating procedure.
* Strong experience building responsive, modular CSS with SASS that plays well across multiple browsers, platforms and devices including smartphones and tablets
* Understanding of technical project management processes with experience leading projects
* Highly organized with critical attention to details
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Dassault Systemes
Dassault Systemes is a company that provides project lifecycle management solutions that enable businesses to create and share experiences in 3D.