Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Senior Director of Threat Detection
Trust is the #1 company value at Salesforce. Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest SaaS platform on the planet.
We are seeking a Senior Director to lead our threat detection efforts at Salesforce.
The threat detection team owns security monitoring for Salesforce, to provide security insight from the vast swathes of log data to the selection and usage of tools to help provide this information, the team is responsible for providing this service to both its internal security teams as well as our customers that rely on Salesforce to protect their data.
The Senior Director is responsible for leading a team of highly skilled security monitoring experts to provide threat detection services to Salesforce. To the Senior Director, there are no such things as impossible problems but opportunities and challenges to be overcome with a smile.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
* The ability to build & lead a high performing global team of experts in the field of threat detection.
* 10+ years' experience in the Information Security field, including operational security monitoring experience.
* Data analysis experience/skills.
* Monitoring devices such as network and host-based intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, database security monitoring systems, firewalls/routers/switches, proxy servers, antivirus systems, file integrity monitoring tools, and operating system logs.
* The ability to build strong relationships with peers both internal and external to your functional group, and with peers/professional organizations outside your company.
* Works on cutting edge methods (examples: fingerprinting/ Machine Learning) to detect vulnerabilities and exploit activity and neutralize them through advanced technological countermeasures.
* Proven experience in the successful delivery of large, complex, high volume logging pipelines using modern scalable architectures and technologies such as Kafka, Ajna, Spark, Splunk/ELK.
* Extensive experience with a multi-substrate on-prem and cloud detections.
* Experience managing intrusion detection systems (such as IBM ISS, Sourcefire, Suricata & BroIDS), including initial provisioning, software patching/upgrades, and signature creation/tuning.
* Ability to write or critique custom intrusion detection system rules.
* Experience configuring security incident and event management tools (such as Splunk, ArcSight, Symantec SIM, LogLogic, SumoLogic), including creating event filtering and correlation rules and reports.
* Operational experience monitoring devices such as network and host-based intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, database security monitoring systems, firewalls/routers/switches, proxy servers, antivirus systems, file integrity monitoring tools, and operating system logs.
* Deep understanding of the TCP/IP Stack, Web-Application Architecture, and Encryption Fundamentals
* Strong technical understanding of the information security threat landscape (attack vectors and tools, best practices for securing systems and networks, etc.).
* Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix system administration and security controls.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
* Scripting skills (i.e. Python/Perl, shell scripting) a plus.
* Familiarity and working experience with the Salesforce ecosystem is a significant plus.
* Relevant information security certifications, such as CISSP, SANS GCIA, SANS GCIH, SANS GPEN, SANS GFCA, Offensive Security OSCP.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.