Okta Single Sign-on, Okta Universal Directory and Okta Lifecycle Management are the core products of the Okta Identity Cloud and the foundation for nearly every Okta deployment, from 10 employee small businesses to global Fortune 500 enterprises. The Senior Director of Product Product Marketing for IT Products will be responsible for driving revenue growth and customer retention of these products, working collaboratively across sales, marketing and product management teams.
Product marketing at Okta is responsible for go-to-market strategy and planning, messaging and positioning, compete strategy and content and pricing and packaging. Product marketing also provides critical support and enablement for the sales team, and provides content and direction for sales enablement, demand generation, customer marketing and AR and PR teams. Through heavy cross-functional collaboration, product marketing is a central hub that connects the entire go-to-market organization, and provides the critical linkage to product management and engineering.
Product Ownership: Identify marketing strategies for growth, manage the marketing mix and enable the sales team for the core IT products (Okta Single Sign-on, Okta Universal Directory and Okta Lifecycle Management) across all personas, use cases and solutions. Provide support for selling these products across the GTM organization and to all sales functions, including technical sales engineers, account executives and the sales development team.
Solution Ownership: Define and evolve the most compelling solutions for IT personas (e.g. CIO, Director of Identity, Enterprise Architect). The Okta Identity Cloud is one set of products with many solutions. This leader will deeply understand the IT personas, build compelling value propositions, and enable the organization to sell to this audience.
IT Products Pricing: Okta IT Products pricing is how we sell the entire Identity Cloud (including Adaptive MFA and API Access Management) for internal user use cases. This leader will manage the overall structure of IT Products pricing.
Business Value Program: Okta has invested heavily in content, tools and processes to demonstrate the ROI and TCO of Okta to both prospects and customers. This leader will manage this function, working collaboratively across product marketing teams to incorporate the entire value proposition of the Okta Identity Cloud and lead enabling the sales team on using the available tools.
Feedback to Product Management: Represent the voice of the customer, deeply understand how the product is used by customers and understand sales dynamics to provide guidance back to product management on roadmap priorities that would help the business.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or web services company.
- Experience marketing to CIO and other IT personas and consistent record of marketing to a highly technical audience. You are comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- A background in identity and access management, other security products or other technical IT software infrastructure. This includes hands-on technical experience (e.g. deploying software, building demos, customizing software or writing code).
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of top-tier product marketing professionals. This will be a team management position.
- World-class written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Real passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Okta, Inc.
Provide secure identity management and single sign-on to any application, whether in the cloud, on-premises or on a mobile device for your employees, partners and customers with Okta.