The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to the growth has been the policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. This is possible because the company is independently owned.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are the values sought in every person at LEWIS. As the company evolves, grows and expands, it wants people who recognize the need to think differently. To understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all our people, whether a paid media specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the wide and deep capabilities available to clients that work with LEWIS. Our people need to be agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborate with colleagues across different services or offices to deliver amazing work; keep learning and challenging the norm; be spirited and committed to developing themselves, their colleagues and the agency.
Purpose of the role
Capable of building confidence, earning trust and gaining respect with clients, teams and colleagues across the LEWIS business, the Senior Digital Project Manager works with multi-disciplinary teams to define project scopes in detail, plan delivery, ensure the teams' adherence to scope and plan as well as delivery to quality, deadline and budget whilst maintaining communication, process and documentation - the Senior Project Manager is the guardian of their project caseload, and comfortable in this role.
Key responsibilities and tasksProject definition and governance:
* Plans, runs and documents requirements and discovery workshops * Authors and maintains project specification documentation * Identifies and documents project objectives, timescales and cost estimates * Defines communication, quality and approval plans * Creates and maintains risks/issues and change controls * Organizes and delivers projects to plan, budget and quality, assessing and mitigating risks throughout
* Creates, runs and manages project planning processes * Identifies and plans required human resources against project scope * Plans, assigns and manages tasks with individual team members * Manages day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope * Owns and manages QA and approval processes internally and with clients
* Manages day-to-day client liaison and expectations * Schedules and chairs regular project status update meetings with client teams * Schedule and chair regular project status meetings / stand ups with project teams. * Effectively communicates relevant project information to the client, Client Services team and other project stakeholders using agreed tools and systems * Resolves and/or escalates issues and actively reduce risks to project delivery and client relationships
Budget and commercial management:
* Inspires project teams to work to plan and deliver their tasks to schedule and budget * Schedules and chairs regular project team planning sessions against budgets * Tracks the progress of project budgets, ensuring that budget expectations are managed/raised with clients and the change control process invoked when necessary * Manages internal expectations around budget over-runs and associated resourcing impact * Adheres to agency costing, revenue recognition and invoicing procedures
Team management and leadership:
* Encourages and inspires excellence in project teams * Motivates project teams to work together in the most efficient manner * Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contribution * Records and shares lessons learned with team members to facilitate continuous improvement
* Ensures task/project documentation is always current and job folders are set up and maintained correctly * Ensures job records and Synergist are updated weekly and support the Client Services teams reporting routines * Accurately reports activity levels and project spend through timely completion of timesheets
Client relationships and new business opportunities:
* Demonstrates an understanding of our clients' businesses and the context of their projects * Identifies additional opportunities as they relate to a specific project or client * Maintains and develops lasting client relationships * Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships * Be mindful of wider agency and client objectives and work with the Client Services and other agency teams to deliver against them.
* Works closely with line manager to maximize own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development * Maintains a good understanding of technologies, web development technologies and best practices. * Maintains a thorough understanding of LEWIS' production capabilities * Maintains awareness of new and emerging trends and technologies and their potential within client projects * Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximizing opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues * Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values * Supports the HR/talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme * Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of LEWIS systems, practices and policies * Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
* 4+ years Project Management experience in a digital agency, consultancy or software environment. * 3+ year practicing one or more recognized methodologies and/or frameworks (we use waterfall, agile and lean methodologies, dependent on project fit). * A proven track record of successfully delivering high-quality digital products and services to time, specification and budget. * A well-rounded understanding of modern web technologies. * Experience of delivering technically sophisticated/complex projects - demonstrable ability to talk the talk with clients, suppliers and developers. * Experience of project tools such as MS Project, Jira, InVision, Slack an advantage. * Excellent communication skills, verbal and written including Technical Writing. * Positive attitude and strong work ethic. * Well organized, detail driven and results orientated. * Effective planning, organizational and coordination skills. * Leadership skills, able to motivate and inspire a team. * Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to adapt leadership style to deal with different people and environments. * A passion for digital; interest in latest digital trends, technology and innovation.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.