Senior Diagnostic Engineer, Controls
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Diagnostic Engineer, Controls. This position requires an experienced professional who will work with controls engineers to architect, specify and test diagnostics in vehicle systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
* Work with controls engineers to define industry-leading robust controls algorithms and to architect and design diagnostic functions on ECU level that will be able to detect various faults.
* Identify, develop and maintain solutions to complex technical problems in electronic and mechatronic vehicle systems and subsystems
* Work with cross-functional teams to derive requirements given by use cases and feature listings, FMEA results, reliability and DV/PV needs and drive implementation
* Work with the Functional Safety team to define and architect functions that meet requirements derived from the Safety process according to ISO26262
* Work with the Service organization to define part exchange strategies in case of a fault
* Utilize diagnostic services (UDS) on Ethernet, CAN and LIN for fault reporting, diagnostic data communication and diagnostic routines.
* Support Diagnostic System Engineers in authoring diagnostic data using CANdela Studio
* Develop functional and software diagnostic requirements for model based and hand code software implementation
* Conduct design reviews
* Assist in developing test cases to verify and validate diagnostic functions on ECU integration and system integration level.
* Work with the platform team to make the diagnostic implementation and architecture AUTOSAR compliant
* Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
* 3+ years of experience with embedded control systems
* 2+ Experience in fault detection, fault handling and automotive diagnostics
* Demonstrated hands-on experience with system level bring-up and calibration of diagnostic functions
* Strong background of system design, implementation, testing and maintenance
* Expert knowledge in controls algorithm design and implementation
* Expert knowledge of model-based design using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and good understanding of C/C++
* Diagnostic architecture background
* Experience with industry standard requirements and agile development tools such as JAMA, JIRA, Git, Confluence
* Experience in working with cross functional teams
* Practical debugging skills
* Creativity in your design, ability to build stuff with your hands and great communication skills
* Common understanding of ISO 26262 and Autosar
* Experience in designing controllers for electric vehicle systems
* Experience with tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape
* BS (MS preferred), in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a company designing and manufacturing electric vehicles.