Location: Warren, NJ Job Code: 195000 Posted: Jul 08, 2019 Description:
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Senior DevSecOps Engineer for our client in the Telecom domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Remote Position
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Primary Skills: DevSecOps
Role Description: The Senior DevSecOps Engineer would need to have at least 1-5+ years of experience. For this role, you must be an enthusiastic self-starter, dedicated to creating augmented and virtual reality platforms and concepts within the company's ecosystems team.
Your role will be working on leading the security strategy governing the application and cloud-based platform infrastructure. You will work with other infrastructure, DevOps and application engineers to understand product and business needs, provide expertise around application and cloud service development, as well as define and own clear guardrails, alerts, and Security as Code (SaC) deployments to provide 24/7 protection from malicious traffic, vulnerabilities and other attack vectors.
* Build and maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure architecture aligning security, compliance, performance and resilience
* Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external)
* Assess architectures and designs for security vulnerabilities and suggest and implement proper alternatives
* Oversee the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development platforms
* Build and maintain monitoring, auditing, and reporting frameworks that produces artifacts that support security and compliance needs
* Build and maintain a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks
* Develop processes that produce artifacts that support security and compliance requirements
Must Have Skills:
* Significant knowledge of security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development
* Significant knowledge of AWS systems, including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector, etc.
* Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as Splunk, Dome9, AlienVault, AlertLogic, Fortinet, Threat Stack, etc.
* Programming or scripting experience with a popular modern language utilized by above tools (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.).
* Experience extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and AWS audit, logs, and reports
* Life-long learner - always looking to stay up to date with latest attack vectors, vulnerabilities, remediation and protection paradigms, etc.
* Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual
* Knowledge of one or more SSO methodologies (SAML, LDAP, MS AD)
* Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments, good familiarity with regulations like PCI and SOX.
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, Agile, competitive environment
* Ability to work independently and in group environments
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience
* 4+ years of experience with Security Best Practices, implementing enterprise-grade security solutions
* 3+ years of experience with AWS development and management (AWS Associate certification or higher preferred)
* 2+ years of experience writing code or scripts in a modern programming or scripting language (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.).
* One or more recognized security and cloud specific certifications, e.g., CCSP, SSCP, CISSP, CCSK
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 1-5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Sandeep Chauhan
Recruiter Phone: 877-884-8834 (Ext: 2293)
Equal Employment Opportunity