Senior DevOps Engineer
ESBA is seeking self-starter Senior DevOps Engineer, who is willing and able to "roll up your sleeves", as well as lead by example. Candidates should possess excellent time and task management skills, have proficient team communications (oral & written) excellent technical analysis and troubleshooting skills.
Senior cloud architect and engineer to provide leadership and hands-on engineering to development of the cloud-based management infrastructure in a DevOps / engineering role. Ability to work in a dynamic, virtual company environment is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Contribute to the design of industry-leading cloud-based software solutions to run across different clouds and scale to millions of users.
* Follow trends in technology and lead new approaches to scalability and high-availability of distributed cloud container architecture & services.
* Design, architect and implement network security features and functionality such as network access controls, firewalls and subnetting for isolation.
* Work with the team to develop web and mobile applications, APIs, SDKs and other tools as required.
* Document software designs, functional and design specifications, presentations, and other documents as needed.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent program from an accredited University/College
* 7+ years of hands-on experience in engineering as a senior contributor.
* 5 years of extensive cloud experience.
* 10 years Engineering experience.
* Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud-scale software with cloud-vendors: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. "Carrier grade solutions" experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Comfortable with writing tools for automation and deployment tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform, Cloud Formation
* Solid understanding of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and security.
* Hands-on experience with two or more of: NodeJs, Golang, python, shell, C++, Java
* Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced diverse high-performance environment
* Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
* Strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal skills, and adaptability to new technology
* Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
* A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), especially Excel and related computer software.
* Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
* Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
* Ability to work in an exciting, fast paced high energy environment while effectively multitasking.
* Personable; able to work comfortably with individuals at all levels within the organization.
* Ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities with or without supervision.
* Frequent proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
* Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
* Must be highly detail-oriented.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively within the work environment, read and write using the primary language with the workplace.
* Visual and auditory ability to work with clients, staff and others in the workplace continuously.
* Frequent speaking and listening (25-75%) to clients, staff, and others in the workplace.
* Ability to utilize computer, cell phone (iPhone), fax machine, telephone and copy machine.
* Frequent sitting.
Easterseals Bay Area is an equal opportunity employer.