We're seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join us as we build a common platform to support services and data processing across the company. From continuous integration and developer tools through monitoring and service availability, the systems you build will support every team at Opendoor. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, and this is enabled by the Platform team. You'll lead the development of projects that not only enable engineers to build high-quality and reliable services but also impact the growth trajectory of the company.
Your responsibilities may include:
* Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure (e.g. container orchestration, continuous deployment, large scale load testing) used by all of Opendoor's engineering teams
* Diagnose and fix problems stemming from complex interactions of a wide range of components in a modern service platform
* Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
* Provide feedback on new service and system designs
* Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide reliability
We're looking for teammates who have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* Strong coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is also valuable.
* Deep understanding of what it takes to run reliable services, from underlying technical implementations to sustainable software engineering principles
* A sense of ownership for everything you ship
* Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
* Care for modular, performant and testable code
* You love improving the efficiency and productivity of your fellow engineers and think of them as your customers to delight
* Experience building for a service-oriented environment
* Experience with Infrastructure- and/or Platform-as-a-Service (e.g. Kubernetes, AWS)
* Experience with running CI systems at scale
* A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.