A career in our Product Development and Architecture - Practice Support practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the research, collaboration, prototyping of products, solutions, and services for PwC New Ventures.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
You will lead our DevOps efforts and be hands-on in multiple domains - such as CI/CD toolchain, cloud environments, and tooling for digital operations. You bring great technical breadth and expert level experience in software engineering, DevOps, and cloud - combined with the ability to provide technical thought leadership and coach and direct more junior engineers.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Information Technology
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Will consider other fields of study
Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer or Amazon Web Services certifications (Solutions Architect or Developer)
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and a proven record of success improving and managing the productivity of technology processes and business processes by creating highly automated workflows for software development and operations including the following areas:
* CI/CD toolchains centred around tools such as Jenkins, Spinacker, Teamcity, etc.
* Enabling DevOps tools such as Gitlab, Github, Artifactory, Sonarqube, Fortify/Veracode, Vault
* Operations tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK stack, New Relic, App Dynamics, Data Dog)
* Test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Artillery)
* Agile software development practices (esp. Scrum and Kanban)
* Configuration management tools (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
* Cloud infrastructure and container-based infrastructures
* Lean IT principles and data driven approaches
Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success automating workflows and identifying process improvements, which includes the following areas:
* Strong desire to keep learning, maintain own skill set, stay up to date and expand one's knowledge across the full stack;
* Desire to improve the 'status quo', especially automating and improving software development and operations processes to achieve massively higher delivery velocity and operations quality;
* Managing and analyzing existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies;
* Collaborating with other Senior DevOps Engineers and engineering teams to design processes in the most efficient way to enable automation and machine learning in a culture of innovation;
* Contributing to thought leadership through participation in the development of technology processes;
* Developing reporting to measure the effectiveness of the toolchain on dev and ops;
* Applying continuous independent judgement while collaborating with others, and influencing others within the project and domain teams; and,
* Building and leveraging relationships as well as expert level verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.