Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Digital and Developer Platform (VDDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants, and developers. VDDP is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to modernize the platform for digital and mobile products using containers and Kubernetes. The focus for the developer operations team is to leverage containers, improve monitoring and logging libraries for containerization, and improve continuous integration. In this role, you will engage with engineers from VDDP applications, Operations & Infrastructure, and Middleware teams to implement platform support for enabling monitoring, logging, and orchestration of containers. Visa is looking for an experienced, hands-on engineer with expertise in building and supporting containers.
* Develop a platform for monitoring, logging, caching, data layer, and orchestration of Docker containers running on Kubernetes
* Responsible for development and implementation of platform components to support containers
* Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
* Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high-quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
* Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
* Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms
* Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
* 5+ years track record of relevant work experience and a B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
* Prior experience must include applications supporting high transaction systems
* Prior experience in adopting, deploying and scaling cloud technologies for large systems
* Must have experience in managing and supporting large scale deployment of such technologies
* Must have experience in configuration management tool such as Ansible
* Must be a high impact individual with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with engineering leads
* Strong in core Java, J2EE, Spring
* Experience with deploying and managing microservices using container orchestration platform such as Kubernetes
* Experienced in building solutions for monitoring, logging, security, and scalability of applications
* Team player and passion for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution
* Technical hands-on skills for backend concurrent engineering, system software development, and deployment on diverse platforms
* Must demonstrate staying ahead of the state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what's possible technically, operationally and professionally
* Experience with Python and/or Golang
* Certifications in Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.