* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19020949
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
About the Role:
Specialize in design and development of container orchestration platforms, development pipelines, and building cloud-ready architectures. The Senior Engineer will work directly with the Principal Engineer on developing and deploying large-scale container platform clusters using Go, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, OpenShift. As a Senior Engineer, you will be an advocate for our business partners by helping them drive their own cultural and digital transformation.
This role will challenge you to continue to learn and work on difficult technical problems. You will be surrounded by a team of engineers that are comfortable working collaboratively and always looking forward for the next big thing.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Implement automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on infrastructure concerns including: networking, storage, virtualization, security, logging, monitoring, high availability, and system resilience.
* Lead the design and implementation of application prototypes in our labs, using modern application development practices and open source emerging technologies (microservices, API management, DevOps engineering and application delivery, container-based continuous delivery (CD), cloud automation, and everything-as-code)
* Stay up to date with the latest technologies. Become a trusted adviser to our partners, helping them achieve business success in an ever-changing technology landscape
* 5+ years of experience managing Linux servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, or Fedora hosted at a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), or Microsoft Azure
* 3+ years of experience with enterprise configuration management software like Red Hat Ansible Automation, Puppet, or Chef
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container tools
* Platform scripting experience with the Ruby, Python, or Go programming languages
* Applied knowledge of working in agile, scrum, and DevOps teams
* Significant development and delivery experience with multiple programming languages, including Java
* Experience with design, development, testing, and deployment of large, distributed applications
* Solid object-oriented skills and applied knowledge of software design patterns
* Applied knowledge of modern software delivery methods like TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Citigroup is a diversified financial services holding company that provides various financial products and services.