Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Position: Senior DevOps Engineer, Product Engineering
Location: Manchester NH, Nashua NH, Burlington MA or Remote
Reports to: Senior Manager, Software Development
This individual will be a senior member of the Engineering organization supporting Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Edge. Primarily focused on delivering the implementation and operational automation for our next generation DNS Data Plane. Day-to-day activities will range from Oracle cloud production systems operations, monitoring and toolchain management to applications design and solutions development. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess a wide range of skills and experience. This individual should be proficient at operating in a SaaS, Cloud or Hybrid cloud environment. This individual will also be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the organization.
The Ideal candidate will be an experienced leader.
* Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure and backend applications
* Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions
* Work collaboratively with product team to build, deploy and operate our systems
* Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
* Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations in all environments
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
* Work closely with both internal and external software development resources as well as IT/network operations and the users of our solutions
* Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations
* Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
* Manage CI and CD tools within team and collaborate within larger automation organization
* Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section
* At least 5 years of operations engineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
* At least 3 years of experience with Linux operating systems, such as Ubuntu and FreeBSD
* Experience with containers and supporting orchestration systems. Docker, Kubernetes
* Experience with configuration management systems, such as Chef, Ansible
* Experience with cloud orchestration tools, such as Terraform
* Familiarity with coding in Go, Python, and or Java
* General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups
* Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
* Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
* Experience implementing cloud solutions
* Experience with Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket
* Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, REST, SSL and HTTP
* Knowledge of caching servers such as Varnish or nginx
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.