Rakuten Marketing is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to maintain, develop, support and improve cloud infrastructure for highly-available and scalable production operations at Rakuten. Work with team members and other teams to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
* Maintain, develop, and operate a high-availability and high-rate production environment.
* Assist with launching new and upgrading existing applications.
* Upgrades system software, applies patches, and ensures security of systems.
* Mentor, advise, and train other team members.
* Use monitoring tools to identify operational anomalies and take action to resolve them.
* Follow, create, and edit documentation for routing system tasks
* Demonstrate ability to be a flexible, organized, thoughtful, and proactive team player who can work with minimal guidance as well as strong abilities in communication.
* Explore new technologies and solutions to enhance operational excellence and cost efficiencies
2 - 5+ years overall experience with the following skillsets:
* Server Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat/Centos)
* Scripting (Bash, Python)
* Cloud Experience (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service, OpenStack)
* Docker with orchestration experience (e.g. Kubernetes)
* Automation (such as CI/CD experience with Jenkins, CircleCI)
* Monitoring (Prometheus preferred)
* Configuration and Change Management (such as ansible and chef)
* Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP)
* Must be comfortable working in a team environment supporting technologies critical to production infrastructure
* Must be able to work on multiple inflight projects
* Must have an aptitude and a desire for proactive support of research and innovation. A thoughtful, collaborative approach with end users, staff colleagues, and other IT professionals is essential.
* Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills as well the ability to work under minimal supervision in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
* Perform on call responsibilities as part of a rotation
* Experience with highly-available clustered server environments a plus.
* Experience with technical writing and writing end procedure or instructional documentation.
* Ability to provide technical support, solve problems, and perform system maintenance in support of high-availability production operations.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Experience with performance engineering and troubleshooting a plus.
* Experience with no-sql databases (e.g. Mongo, Couchbase)
* Experience with relation databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres)
* Experience with HashiCorp Products (e.g. Terraform, Vault, Packer)
Ebates is an e-commerce company which provides online cash back shopping services.