We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who has a passion for designing and implementing efficient automated infrastructure and services, applying sound software engineering principles towards data infrastructure. As a company, we move fast. We need special individuals who can empower engineers to prototype and deploy quickly while also making sure we can scale, remain secure and stay reliable.
Why would you want to work with us? We manage critical data stores and infrastructure for the entire company, helping to ensure that our technology stack can grow with the company while simultaneously promoting a fast evolving data environment. We provide guidance, we don't just close tickets. We invest in technology and infrastructure - you will get to think ahead, flex your design chops and break stuff on the way to a viable solution. We value independence and judgement - yeah we have managers, but we don't just take orders. We create and understand priorities and we figure out how to get them done together.
Our company is unique - ZipRecruiter is focused on testing hypotheses and validating designs before committing to a particular path, which means we are happy having 10 failed tests if number 11 is a success and we are interested in getting there quickly. Our team needs to be able to support a group of developers and analysts that moves at this pace.
* Automation: Find opportunities to automate tasks and eliminate toil within the data team.
* Monitoring/Alerting: Work with DBAs and Data Engineers to design and implement monitoring strategies with an emphasis on actionability, ability to find root cause, self-recovery and system optimization.
* Templating: Work with teams to implement templating strategies that ensure repeatability, standardization and ease of deployment
* CI/CD: Work with data and dev teams to improve our data evolution with an emphasis on safe, traceable data evolution by dev teams.
* Account management/provisioning: Devise and implement consistent, automated account provisioning for users and applications across systems, services and tiers.
* Design said infrastructure in such a way to minimize roadblocks for developers who design new systems, while keeping the resulting systems robust and maintainable
* Help troubleshoot production issues and perform root cause analyses that create effective mitigation strategies
* Provide ongoing support and guidance for a distributed team of over 200 developers (and growing!)
* Experience working with data infrastructure (but you don't need to consider yourself a DBA)
* Coding and scripting languages (Perl, Bash, Python, Go...)
* AWS Ecosystem (EC2, RDS/Aurora, DynamoDB, Terraform/CloudTrail, VPC, S3,,)
* Monitoring (PMM, Prometheus, Cloudwatch..)
* Expertise with 12 Factor application principles
* Containers (Docker, Kubernetes...)
* Streaming/logging technologies (ElasticSearch, fluentd, LogStash, Kafka)
* Message Queueing (Kafka, SQS...)
* Linux everywhere
* Git experience
* You care deeply about enabling developers to create systems and tools as rapidly as possible without falling into bad design patterns
* The idea of generating a scalable process to manage user access is intriguing to you, the idea of managing individual access requests on a daily basis makes you yawn
* You have deployed and configured a wide range of AWS services including databases, networking, and security. In this role you will work with such paradigms and technologies as: 12 factor app design principles, Docker, Kubernetes, and ElasticSearch ecosystem
Benefits & Perks:
* A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
* Opportunities for advancement as our young startup grows
* Very competitive salary
* Generous bonus plan
* Employer-matched 401(k) plan
* Competitive benefits package
* Healthy snacks
* Local gym discount
* Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.
ZipRecruiter is an online job board that streamlines the hiring process through an interface of screening and tracking applicants.