Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
We currently have a full-time opening for a Senior DevOps Engineer in Carlsbad, CA. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! This position is responsible for supporting new development of Breg's software solutions on AWS/Cloud infrastructure. S/he will also provide ongoing sustaining support of existing solutions as needed. The DevOps Engineer will provide technical and team leadership of a specific domain through coaching, mentorship, and coordination of daily tasks by more junior software and system engineers. S/he also contributes to the development of Breg's future technology platforms and systems, staying current on all industry trends and latest DevOps advancements. The Senior DevOps Engineer will also act as a senior level AWS/Cloud system administer and perform system architecture reviews of other system administers.
Your day will be very busy… the individual is this role:
* Deploys, manages, and operates scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS for Breg Commercial Software products.
* Manages the configuration of the build infrastructure (Windows and Linux).
* Responsible for configuration, provisioning and deployment to production environments on AWS.
* Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the development group through knowledge in the area of specialization.
* Works with Software Development team, recommends and implements the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
* Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits. Identifies and encourages areas for growth and improvement within the team.
* Collaborates with other software developers, software architects, Infrastructure architects, marketing product managers, business analysts and others as necessary to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain current and future software solutions on cloud platform.
* Builds the bridge between Engineering (Dev & QA) and IT Operations.
* Evaluates new technologies, researches development frameworks to stay current on industry trends. Aligns emerging development technologies to business unit goals and makes recommendations to management to further Rapid Application Development and team efficiency.
The right person to join our team...
Demonstrates ownership and accountability; demonstrates the ability to plan, execute, control and deliver; to communicate effectively both written and verbal; to lead and influence others effectively.
What your background will be:
* A Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in software engineering, computer science, or other related field of study and 5+ years relevant experience in the required area of specialization.
* 2 + years' experience with Amazon Web Services. Candidate must have strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS. Knowledge of (Organizations, Account Design, EC2, RDS, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies).
* Hands-on experience managing live production systems (Windows and Linux).
* Experience with Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible).
* Experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements (HIPAA, PCI).
* Experience with ElasticSearch, Kibana, RabbitMQ, Redis, JIRA, Redgate tools.
* Experience with containers (Docker) and container services (ECS, EKS, Fargate).
* Exposure to database technologies and server administration (Oracle, MS SQL, MongoDB).
* Exposure to Continuous Integration and Deployment.
* Exposure to web-based software development or operations (RESTful API).
For four consecutive years Breg has been awarded The National Business Research Institute (NBRI) Circle of Excellence Award for employee engagement AND Breg has been awarded as one of the Best Places to work in San Diego in 2014 by "The U-T San Diego Top Workplaces"
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the 'Careers' section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.