At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know-how to get the job done.
We select bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our downtime, we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Special Projects team is a talented and humble group of people with backgrounds in Product, Design, Data Science and Engineering, that are focused on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Our core product is a communication platform that car buyers, sellers and Carvana Advocates rely on every day for a seamless car shopping experience. We focus immensely on the end-consumer and build our systems ground-up to deliver on that experience.
As a core member of our Conversational AI team, you will work with engineers to automate build/test/deployment pipelines, automate infrastructure, help enforce and define best practices for telemetry across microservices, keep our systems secure by maintaining best practices for access control, help build out alerting systems and work with engineers to operate software.
* Enhance our Conversational AI platform by developing APIs and infrastructure that connect our conversation engine to communication channels like SMS, email, messaging services and the web
* Work with the Data Science team to build out services for training, monitoring and enhancing machine learning models' accuracy
* Drive scalability and performance within our distributed AI platform
* Full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
* Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* 4+ years of experience in DevOps
* 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes and Docker
* 2+ years of experience in Google Cloud Platform + Stackdriver
* Experience building CI/CD pipelines for a variety of projects
* Experience with infrastructure deployments using Google Deployment Manager or other tools such as Terraform
* Tracing across microservices, logging w/ Kubernetes
* Operating Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL & RabbitMQ
* Solid understanding of computer systems and networks
* Production quality coding standards and patterns
BONUS SKILLS (Awesome but not required)
* Experience with Prometheus, Alertmanager or Zipkin
* Experience with JVM
* Experience with CockroachDB
* gRPC, Python, TensorFlow or Scikit-learn
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
* Full-Time Salary Position
* Health, Dental and Vision benefits (Employee health 100% covered by Carvana)
* An amazing work, learn, and play environment near Downtown and UC Berkeley
* Employee car discounts and perks
* 401K with company match
* Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.