Job FamilyApplications Systems Analysis
Job Description SummaryResponsible for designing system code, test, and document programs. Develops specifications for new and existing systems.Job Description
* Develops specifications and technical design for complex projects.
* Models business processes and data.
* Coordinates with co-workers, clients, operations, technical support, and vendors.
* Interfaces with development teams to determine requirements and resolve problems.
* Analyzes system and program requirements for complex projects. Identifies multiple solutions.
* Champions standards, SOX, and best practices.
* Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development and deployment tools
* Is a resource to others in solving problems and works independently.
* Builds and maintains continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and processes.
* Provides thought leadership to software development teams and champions best practices for CI/CD.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of technical experience.
* Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field with 3 years experience is also acceptable.
* Experience in Linux RedHat Enterprise Administration, Automation and Deployment.
* 2+ years experience with Jenkins.
* 2+ years experience with at least one scripting language such as: Groovy, Python or Shell Scripting.
* 1+ Year experience with Cloud automation such as Cloud Formation or Terraform.
* 2+ years' experience with have you configured Source Control such as Git, Bitbucket, Github or SVN.
* 1+ year experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS.
* Experience building EC2 instances and deploying Docker to ECS.
* 2+ years experience with build tools such as Maven or MSbuild.
* Background in UNIX or Windows servers.
* Experience with logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana.
* Experience with Grafana.
* Experience with code scanning tools such as SonarQube.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
* Superior problem solving skills.
* Ability to resolve most of complex problems and errors that occur for processes and applications in a division.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
* Must be a team player.
* Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
* Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
* Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
* Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
* Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
* Normal office environment.
* Minimal travel (less than 10%).
* May be required to work outside normal business hours due to special projects or on-call situations.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.