Location: San Mateo
At Owler, you will have the opportunity to build products that millions of business professionals, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, use every day. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll be a critical part of a small and dedicated team, with the opportunity to make a huge impact. Your contributions will power the systems that serve the rapidly growing Owler community.
Owler has built the most comprehensive and accurate community-powered dataset available on over 12 million public and private businesses. Since 2015, our MAU base has grown from 5,000 to ~3M. Owler Pro helps professionals discover new opportunities with powerful prospecting tools, and track the companies that matter to them with a concise daily news snapshot and real-time alerts. We are funded and backed by top Silicon Valley VCs, including Norwest Venture Partners and Trinity Ventures.
What will I be doing?As a senior member of the engineering team you will:
* Uphold a culture of technical excellence around the team by fostering effective and enduring norms and values.
* Manage infrastructure-as-code on AWS; we use EC2, ECS, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, API Gateway, ELB, among other technologies.
* Lead and participate in architectural decisions to help us seamlessly scale large-scale systems.
* Take part in a shared on-call rotation (a follow-the-sun model).
* Prototype, build, and deploy dev tools, workflows, and automated monitoring systems to ensure that our cloud platform reliably serves our global user base.
* Collaborate with development teams to implement best practices in SDLC.
* Mentor junior team members, with lots of opportunity to grow your career.
What skills/experience do I need?
* 3+ years working with AWS in production.
* Experience working within a microservices infrastructure.
* Experience with DevOps tools e.g. Jenkins, Nexus, Git, TerraForm, etc.
* Experience with ELK stack administration and performance tuning.
* Demonstrable skills in a high-level scripting language such as Python.
* Solid Linux system administration, troubleshooting and performance analysis skills.
* Additionally, hands-on skills with a significant number of the following: Apache, Nginx, Memcached, Redis, Elasticache, ElasticSearch, Docker, AWS APIs and CLI Tools, EC2 Autoscaling, DNS, HTTP Headers, HTTP Caching, SSL, RESTful APIs, MySQL, Nagios, Graphite, MongoDB.
* Familiarity with setting up a CI/CD pipeline.
* Familiarity with Bitbucket workflows.
* Track record of being a strong collaborator and communicator.
* Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Stock Options / Equity
* Unlimited Vacation Time / Flex time
* Company-sponsored meals, snacks, etc.
* Strong bi-directional learning culture. You'll learn from us, and we will learn from you
* Office Dogs! We like dogs. Do you?
Owler is a community-based business insights platform.