DevOps team works to improve underlying technologies at SquareTrade and to enable all application teams to work faster and build scalable systems. Your work will directly impact all of the company as you work closely with the product teams to understand how business direction impacts our technology and scaling needs. You will be working closely with the Engineering and IT teams to build out infrastructure to deploy our next generation microservices infrastructure and help Engineering team delivery their code to Production faster.
Our team believes in making an extraordinary impact. We do this by challenging each other to have a mindset of constant improvement, automating everything, thinking to scale, and doing high quality work. We work in a fast paced agile environment with modern technologies. We believe that the challenges are still ahead of us. In the next year SquareTrade is expected to have major growth and will be building our next generation microservice-based systems.
* Extensive experience working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
* Extensive Experience setting up CI/CD ecosystem - Gradle, Artifactory/Nexus, Jenkins, Cloudbees, Github Enterprise, etc.
* Experience deploying applications on public/private/hybrid cloud infrastructure - ie, GCP, AWS, Azure, OpenStack etc.
* Experience working with containerization, infrastructure, and orchestration frameworks to incorporate setting up ephemeral and permanent environments as part of our CI/CD workflow using Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc
* Experience setting up code quality/scanning tools and incorporating into CI/CD pipelines - JaCoCo, SonarQube, Black Duck, etc.
* Experience migrating large enterprise systems into microservices based architecture
* Experience in JEE, ORM Frameworks, SQL, Linux, Spring, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, REST based services, Mesosphere or Kubernetes stack
* Familiarity with developing Cloudbees/Jenkins pipelines
* Familiarity with OWASP top 10 and secure development best practices. Experience integration with Veracode or other code scanning tools a plus
* Top-notch communication and influence skills; must be able to work effectively across Engineering and IT
* 8+ combined years of professional software development experience in Java-based enterprise applications, DevOps, and/or *nix administration - Java development background strongly preferred
* BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
* Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
* Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, full 401k matching
* Respect for your work-life balance
* A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
WHO WE ARE:
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We're revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we're just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO