Fast growing, friendly, tech savvy, financial services firm looking for a Senior Development Operations Engineer to join our development team. A can-do, customer-focused, energetic, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is essential. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can excel, acquire increased responsibility and be rewarded appropriately, seize this opportunity.
The Senior DevOps Engineer manages EQIS's AWS cloud infrastructure as well as develops and manages processes and practices in support of day-to-day operations and ongoing software development, testing, builds and deployment. Working in close collaboration with the VP of Engineering, this position will take a lead role in determining the short and long-term vision and strategy for the EQIS applications infrastructure. Oversight of daily data processing may occasionally require attention outside of normal business hours.
* Take a lead role setting the short, medium and long term infrastructure, automation vision and strategy for the EQIS applications network.
* Lead the effort to create, maintain and/or re-engineer processes that will greatly reduce EQIS's time to deliver features to the market.
* Develop and manage consistent and coherent DevOps processes and practices to support software development, testing, builds and deployment.
* Guide and develop infrastructure and tools architecture design to enable high uptime, minimize failures, ensure applications and data security, and expedite diagnostics.
* Ensure ongoing availability of key services, including database systems, and maintain readiness of disaster recovery solutions.
* Provide hands-on implementation of tools for monitoring, trending and diagnostics, and upgrade as necessary.
* Lead effort to improve existing infrastructure configuration, through simple and pragmatic cloud resource management.
* Execute a variety of PowerShell based scripts to support day-to-day business.
* Assist in the design and development of enterprise level Continuous Integration Environment for build and deployment systems.
* Troubleshoot build, packaging, and component management issues, in collaboration with the platform Engineering team.
* Collaborate with all engineering team members to build, maintain, troubleshoot, deploy and host current/future software in cloud infrastructure.
* Maintain all documentation on the build system and its components.
* Attend daily stand-ups and report status updates to team.
* Identify and propose solutions to address security concerns related to all areas of infrastructure, and related tools and services.
* Identify and develop automation for all manual processes, where appropriate.
* 5+ years of experience in Development Operations
* Experience working within Financial Services environment preferred
* BA/BS Degree in Engineering, or equivalent direct experience
* Practical experience setting up complete infrastructure with AWS
* Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple, ongoing initiatives
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, such as internal meeting presentations, documentation of technical details, and ability to communicate technical details to non-technical audience
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues, and willingness to try new solutions
* Familiarity with the following tools and languages preferred:
* IAM - Cross Account Access
* S3 - Cloud Formation
* Cloud Watch - Rules, Metrics, Alarms
* EC2 - Security Groups, Instance Profiles, AmIs
* VPC - Security Groups, Network ACLs, Flow Logs
* Cloud Trail
* AWS Config, Backup, Transfer, Scripting Languages: Powershell and Python
Perks: Located on 4th St. in San Rafael just a 5-minute walk from the SMART Train Station. Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, Generous employer HSA Contribution and PTO. We also pride ourselves in being a fun place to work with lunch served daily, regular employee events and a highly-subsidized gym membership. EQIS is a place where every employee has a voice and actively participates towards making our business successful.
EQIS is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
This is a full time position