What you'll be doing...
Verizon offers the best and fastest telecommunications networks to a wide spectrum of customers. Delivering industry leading security for all of our networks and products is something that our customers demand as we face an ever-increasing cyber security threats. We are seeking a highly qualified Security Architect to take the responsibilities of delivering emerging technologies around device security.
This position provides the opportunity to solve complex security problems via innovation in device assets resulting in better user experience, cost savings and even revenue generation. For example, solving problems in the areas of user authentication (password-less experiences, biometrics, etc), user privacy, PKI key management. Moreover, this position offers the opportunity to work in cutting edge security technologies such as Secure Element, Trusted Execution Environment, device attestation, biometric sensors by assessing feasibility and viability to apply them to existing Verizon services/products or create new products and services.
* This role is responsible for leading the evaluation of new security technologies, solving existing problems in new innovating ways or securing new product/services by utilizing existing security technologies in new ways.
* It is important that the candidate has strong knowledge and expertise in software development as in this role, it is required to write prototypes (in Java/Python/C++) or guide 3rd party vendors in the development of prototypes.
* In successful trials, it will be required for this role to aid in the productization of the technology or in the implementation of the technology into existing products.
* This role will require the incumbent to become a subject matter expert in many fields such as Near Field Communications as well the areas mentioned above.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant.
* Six or more years of experience in software engineering and product life cycle.
* Software Development background in Java/Python/C++.
* Six or more years of experience in Information Security, fields of data encryption, networking, authentication.
* Experience in architecture, design and implementation of systems.
* Experience with Secure Element and corresponding technologies.
* Experience in vendor management.
* Experience in system engineering design.
* Ability to work with very little supervision, self-manage goals and objectives
* Willingness to travel 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.