Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a collaborative startup environment, join us.
The Quality Engineering Team partners with development teams in testing cross-team features, defining best practices for ensuring quality of our website and mobile apps, and helping the rest of Engineering write reliable and maintainable test automation. As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will mentor junior engineers on the team, keep an eye out for defects in daily releases, and work with feature teams to ensure we maintain a high bar for quality.
* Drives testing of complex multi-team technical projects across all supported software platforms. Evaluates test coverage, suggests high-quality, reliable solutions to testing gaps.
* Partners with engineers to ensure they write automation that is stable, low maintenance, and prevents regressions in the system over time.
* Passionate about quality, thoughtful about process and best practices. Proposes and implements new processes and effectively drives their usage within product teams.
* Possesses deep technical knowledge of testing frameworks; proactively shares it with the team and answers questions. Mentors the team by providing insightful and actionable feedback in test planning, reviews test automation and conducts retrospectives.
* Curious both about new technologies and existing architectures; knows how to balance the two when evaluating solutions to problems. Contributes to the long-term strategy within their area of expertise, considering technical and product-level concerns.
* Communicates well on technical subjects both online and in person; listens to others, thoughtfully integrates feedback, and disagrees constructively. Mentors engineers and is sought out by others for technical and/or career guidance.
Desired Skills & Experience
* You have at least 5+ years of experience testing web and mobile applications.
* You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related Engineering field.
* You can test large, complex consumer facing websites and mobile applications that need to scale to millions of users.
* You dig deep to find testing gaps and come up with solutions to fix them. You can explore and evaluate new tools, and train product teams to use them to write better tests.
* You are a team player, and can work with local and remote engineering teams. You can suggest improvements to testing practices and mentor junior engineers.
* You are customer focused and pay great attention to detail. You are aware of how your decisions impact the team, other developers, and customers.
* You know how to write test automation using tools like Selenium, REST Assured, KIF, Espresso, JUnit.
* Ideally you have a working knowledge of Java.
What We Offer
* A mission that matters. Homes bought and sold with Redfin as of 2017: 120,000+
* Management that is interested in helping you grow as an engineer and motivated to making our work environment as productive as possible.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants.
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave.
* Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.