Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Costumer Research, and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the E-Mobility Group helps to shape the future of the North American market for hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Job Introduction: (Primary purpose of this position)
Serve as the lead for testing, validation, and verification of telematics component development, ensuring high maturity, on-time delivery, and overall system qualification
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Take responsibility for the testing, verification, and validation of telematics components, more specifically related to the Telematic Control Unit, internet connectivity, emergency call services, and remote services for the Telematics Test House.
* Lead resolution of technical problems, report errors, collect supporting documentation and traces, and promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process to Telematics Test House system integration teams and the headquarters in Germany.
* Instructs and mentors junior employees on project related tasks as needed
* Ability to work independently and without regular management support to determine tasks priorities and focus
* Ability to recognize risks in telematics development and use this information to prioritize tasks
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques related to test configuration, test plans and test drives
* Takes initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact changes or improvements
* Ability to organize and execute test drives for specific functions or components.
* Ability to work in a joint test team collaboration between the onboard and offboard testing teams
* Minimum level of education required and required field of study:
Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
consider; Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
* Minimum skills required :
* Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience
* Strong understanding of Telematics, ideally Telematics Control Units
* Testing, validation, and verification experience
* Ability to operate a Vehicle both on local roads and highways as needed for dynamic testing
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
* Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
* Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) :
Bachelors 5 yrs / Masters 3 yrs / PhD
* Other licenses or certifications required :
* Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
* Experience with embedded software and automotive solutions
* Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
* Experience with wireless network development and testing
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.