What you'll be doing...
Information technology sits at the heart of everything we do. That's where you come in. You'll join a dynamic production support team focusing on the applications used by our business to business (B2B) team. Your role will involve working with the application batch job process, streamlining it wherever possible. Your work will ensure your colleagues have the applications they need to effectively support our business customers in the most efficient way possible.
* Maintaining existing batch jobs and creating new ones, finding and implementing dependencies wherever possible to streamline the application batch job process.
* Developing and maintaining job schedules, analyzing automation problems, and resolving them in a timely manner.
* Producing reports on key performance indicators for the B2B applications, creating documents for the batch applications, and ensuring standards are maintained.
* Working closely with the business for portal improvements and new initiatives, coordinating with various teams to implement new jobs and enhance existing batch applications.
* Assisting with staff training programs and the development of operating instructions and procedures for production and testing.
* Leading multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for Verizon's wireline and wireless field operations
* Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
* Performing hands-on coding work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
* Performing engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer hardware, firmware, embedded systems, and/or operating systems.
* Do research on emerging technologies and how it can be leveraged for our field operations teams. Build prototypes/proof of concepts to evaluate feasibility
* Implement machine learning algorithms to stream line and enhance field operations productivity.
* Design and Implement business process for dispatch, installation and maintenance of Verizon products and services for wireline and wireless.
* Interface with business partners and internal Verizon IT teams to define the requirements related to the mobility applications, including business rules and system integration design, to be translated in code to develop application/modules for the technicians in the field.
* Work with various teams to create system architecture and design.
* Develop, enhance, and maintain android/iOS and Web Based applications.
What we're looking for...
You're analytical and great at quickly applying your expertise and business acumen to solve challenging problems and streamline processes. As a strong written and verbal communicator, you deliver complex messages clearly to technical and business audiences alike. You enjoy working with cross functional teams and take pride in your ability to meet and exceed customer needs. You're no stranger to a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changing priorities with ease.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with workload automation, UNIX and Shell Scripting.
* Willingness to provide on-call support as required.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science.
* Experience developing solutions for mobility architecture, tablets, and android/iOS platforms.
* Six or more years of experience with E2E integration of complex heterogeneous systems. Experience therein to include two or more years of experience with device management.
* Knowledge using Jenkins.
* Full Stack Developer.
* Micro Services Experience.
* Working Cloud Knowledge.
* Experience in IT operations support.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.