Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof - All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Senior Developer is responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating technical activities related to development within SAP system in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. They work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in our highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget. This position plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical systems including SAP ECC, S/4HANA, NW Gateway, and SAP Cloud Platform.
The Senior Developer will play a key role in establishing and executing on the corporate strategy for the SAP environment including leveraging cloud technologies. The technical support will require both proactive and reactive measures to ensure systems perform within the terms of their respective service level agreements.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications. Assists with specified procedures.
* Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
* Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
* Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the designs, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
* Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
* Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
* Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
* Set ABAP development standards; implement practices and processes to enable a best practice support model.
* Create and maintain technical specifications for all ABAP development work.
* Follow design work and integration testing procedures, change control procedures, uses standards, procedures, and practices in performing required work.
* Perform integration testing and performance tuning to insure new functionality and enhancements do not adversely affect existing functionality.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
* 5+ years of development experience with ABAP on SAP R/3 and S/4HANA.
* Experience in various modules including FI/CO/SD/MM.
* Develop and maintain ABAP programs using object-oriented programming techniques, SAP-Script, Smart-forms, user exits, BAPI's, BADI's, BTE's and Data Dictionary objects.
* Experience with CDS, ABAP Push Channels, and Business Object Processing Framework (BOPF).
* Prior experience with development on SAP Cloud Platform.
* Working knowledge of version control (Git) and CI/CD tools (ATC/RevTrac/Jenkins).
* Experience with SOAP and REST based services, and API design.
* Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds.
* Proactive and able to catch issues before failures.
* Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product.
* Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model.
* Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed.
* Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
About Ulta Beauty
ULTA Beauty is a beauty retailer.