At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Job Description Who we are:
At MSK, the Division of Health Informatics manages a diverse suite of clinical information systems used across the enterprise. Our Precision Oncology Team looks to help narrow the gap between the clinician and the basic science researcher. We are building tools to better capture clinical data, provide researchers access to the clinical data in a self service model while still preserving privacy and data ownership.
We aim to recruit a Senior Developer who will be an integral member of our team. The Senior Developer will develop tools to increase customer satisfaction (clinicians and researchers), improve data governance processes at MSK, make self service tools to capture, augment and ultimately share data in a reusuable fashion within the MSKCC environment.
* An individual with strong analytical aptitude and programming skills
* An ambitious self-starter who strives for results and performs well under pressure
* Driven to continually learn new programming techniques, technologies and methods
* Creative with a passion for innovation and a willingness to utilize disruptive technology
* Eager to solve complex problems with elegant software solutions
* Familiar with test driven development and good engineering practices
* Motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or related field
* 7+ years of applicable industry experience
* Experience with web development, web services, and database technologies, e.g. RESTful APIs, web interfaces, and socket based client/servers.
* Experience in taking part in technical discussions including but not limited to code reviews, and build/release management.
* Experience in work with UNIX systems to configure new and existing software packages for security, performance and maintainability.
* Experience in building proper production, development, and integration environments and assists in unit/functional, regression, and system testing.
* Strong portfolio of completed work
Nice to have:
* Experience working in a hospital or other healthcare setting
* A strong design sensibility for user interfaces and data presentation
* Ability to build real-time data pipelines using open-source cluster frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark and Kafka)
* Capable of applying machine learning techniques to various technology stacks
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.