Job ID R64761 Date posted Jul. 09, 2019
Senior Developer - Design Systems Team
Dell Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that designs cloud-based integration software for enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators. The products we design enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual, drag & drop interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs.
Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work. We have a new office in Cambridge, MA that we're actively growing. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
We're looking for an experienced Developer to help drive development best practices at Boomi. You'll be working on a team with representatives from all disciplines, including close collaboration with the UX team, to communicate and enable implementation of UX standards and guidelines throughout Boomi's product line.
The individual we're looking for will be comfortable seeing initiatives through from technical design to completion. Individuals should be able to work independently, researching and proposing solutions, with the ability to candidly discuss the costs and benefits of these solutions with larger teams and management.
Deliver Quality Software
* Work as a member of an agile, interdisciplinary team to deliver high-quality software on a regular cadence.
* Gather information to help formulate acceptance criteria, be a user advocate, and be comfortable challenging and discussing the intent of stories to surface edge cases and improve outcomes.
* Participate in design, development, and unit testing of our product with an understanding of how our work enables and impacts other teams.
Collaborate and Grow
* Be an early pioneer in new ways of doing things, be willing to critique and discuss the benefits and costs, and be willing to share the experience with other developers.
* Help lay the foundations for other developers to work more quickly and efficiently.
* Be a subject matter expert and be willing and able to answer questions from other development teams.
Qualities of a Strong Candidate
* Knowledge of semantic HTML and CSS or interest in learning these technologies to a specialized degree.
* Experience in or interest in learning Responsive / Inclusive Design techniques.
* Experience with or willingness to learn Accessibility standards and development practices.
* Experience with content delivery systems or devops pipelines a plus.
* Ability to work collaboratively and grow toward taking on larger tasks independently.
* Opinionated and conscientious, willing to negotiate for your beliefs with a sensitivity to the context and cost.
* Constructively critical, able to discuss the pros and cons of proposed or completed efforts and what we might do differently in the future.
UI Industry Focus
* Willingness to experiment with various technologies and approaches.
* Interest in learning standards and helping to set development best practices across the organization.
* Ability to assess processes with an eye toward improvement and simplification.
General Experience and Education
* 5+ years' experience in software development with significant experience in front-end development.
* Knowledge of or strong interest in learning HTML, CSS, responsive design, and accessibility including WCAG and ARIA.
* Experience with content delivery systems and devops technologies.
* BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
* Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle including source control systems like Git.
* Ability to work and collaborate in a team based environment.
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continous Deployment testing environments.
Apply now Apply now