There are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world. A large percentage of these apps require users to register, log in, etc. Okta wants to be the foundation upon which all these apps are built.
Our goal is to become the most used authentication and authorization service for developers worldwide. To do this, we need your help!
We are looking for a strong, seasoned Java developer and public speaker with an eye for developer experience. The Developer Relations team you will be a part of is responsible for a broad range of developer-facing activities, all of which aim to make Okta an iconic developer brand.
As a Java Developer Advocate, you will be connecting with developers and speaking publicly about bleeding-edge technologies at tech conferences, developer meetups, user groups, on blogs and with the press. You will engage internally with Product Managers, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success to champion the needs of the community and drive business impact. You will participate in the open source community and be a key strategic advisor to our overall platform business. This role has a significant impact on our overall business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create interesting educational content for developers in a variety of different formats: articles, screencasts, tech talks, sample apps, tools, etc.
* Work closely with PM and engineering to ensure that developer.okta.com and our API product has a compelling roadmap that addresses the needs of the community
* Within Okta be the developer subject matter expert and champion developer needs and priorities across product, engineering, and marketing
* Champion Okta's participation in, and engagement with, the open source community
* Drive adoption of Okta's API platform by providing feedback on email campaigns and other outreach programs
* Execute Okta developer growth programs, including, but not limited to, hosting meetups, workshops, webinars and office hours
* Drive brand awareness of Okta's platform and educate developers about the power of our identity offering and monitor industry and community trends to keep Okta engaged and relevant
* Use metrics and data to drive activities and priorities
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* 7+ years' experience in developer, developer evangelism, or developer relations roles at leading technology companies
* Understanding of how to connect with and market to developers in an authentic fashion
* Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
* Deep understanding of developer communities and how to engage them productively
* Solid communication skills - both a strong technical writer and public speaker
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta (formerly known as SaaSure) is a provider of an independent identity management platform for enterprises.