Note: This job is open for virtual locations as well as those with an AWS office nearby. We are a distributed team.
The AWS Serverless Applications Developer Advocacy team is seeking a talented, self-directed Senior Developer Advocate to join in the effort in driving the development and adoption of the AWS Serverless platform and serverless applications through community engagement. Our core services are AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Step Functions, AWS SAM, and the surrounding serverless ecosystem (see more here: https://aws.amazon.com/serverless/ ).
In this role, you would exhibit the advocacy and content generation and delivery skills of a traditional developer evangelist with the organizational and delivery skills of a program manager. The role provides a good balance between working with the Amazon teams internally to shape the product and tools, and talking to customers and industry influencers to help them build innovative solutions with AWS's serverless portfolio of products. In this role, you'll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm for developers with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for serverless among key industry opinion makers and technologists.
Ideally, you're someone who can build tools and content for developers, but has an unmet need to seed developer communities and programs around a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers and other technologists, but are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Help to shape and deliver on our strategy for how to drive developer adoption of AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, the extended serverless platform and serverless application architectures
* Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of AWS's serverless portfolio and related AWS offerings
* Creating tech talks, live streams, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
* Support the product teams in helping to analyze, update, re-design and create compelling web and online experiences and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with building serverless applications
* Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
* Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
* Scaling, extending and driving global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Communities, and Serverless Heroes
* Seeding the development of tools and code samples contributed to public code repositories and blogs by working with serverless enthusiasts in the field and working with the open source developer community
* Collaborating with internal teams to help define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.