SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As a Senior Software Developer, you have the opportunity to accelerate the innovation and delivery of the SAP Ariba products. You will collaborate with product managers, Developers and QA engineers to expand the SAP Ariba Cloud to cover every corner of the globe. You will have the opportunity to work on High impact scalable internet level problems and complex business problems. You will work with Ariba Cloud technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Angular JS and SAP HANA. To succeed in this position you must be able to
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners. * Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code. * Work with the team on detailed technical design. * Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with product managers and customers. * Work closely with QA to define test plans and test cases for applications. * Design and develop the complex features assigned to achieve the Milestone goals (Sprints). * Work in core components for the Ariba cloud that include persistence, meta-data model, object model framework, customization framework, UI frameworks * Work on solving scalability and performance problems * Coordination in cross-functional team and with other geographically distributed engineering teams * Active participation in Scrum meetings and demos * Troubleshoot production issues on demand
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* BS in Computer Science, MS a plus.
* First-class object-oriented design and programming skills. * Ability to motivate and demonstrate technical leadership. * Demonstrated independence, creativity and initiative and the ability to understand the company's architecture and business goals. * Ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and lead a cross organizational project team. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English * Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to read and code-review complex code written by others * Ability to take on ownership of large projects in a very dynamic and adaptive environment * Good Database concepts and experience, preferable with SAP Hana or Sybase
* Experience solving internet scale problems * Experience working on cloud (on-demand) software * Desired additional skills: Maven, Micro services (Angular, Spring Boot), knowledge about Supply Chain processes and functionality, SAP UI5, OData, Sybase, HCI * Good understanding ABAP proxy development * Good understanding PI components including ESR/IB etc. * Sound integration knowledge of SAP ERP with Ariba and third party applications/ protocols * Extensive knowledge in ABAP debugging including performance analysis * Good understanding of ABAP OO concepts
* 8+ years experience developing production-grade applications (Java and ABAP). * 5+ years experience ABAP development related to enterprise services, function modules, BADI, user exits. * 5+ years of hands on Java and J2EE experience is a plus * History of demonstrated technical leadership on large complex projects and is a problem solver as well as technical innovator.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.