We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
You will be Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the software for the Virtual Apps/ Virtual Desktop family of products. You'll maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and debug software programs. Also responsible for designing and developing tools used for troubleshooting and debugging.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
* Work on customer-based software problems dealing with both Technical Support & Development Teams
* Create and maintain tools / plugins / software for the Virtual Apps/ Virtual Desktop family of products.
* Get involved in some or all phases of the tools / plugin / software development and release cycle that include design, coding, code reviews, troubleshooting and debugging, installation, software maintenance and testing.
* Maintain a focus on customer requirements and project objectives while mitigating project and product risk.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
* Must be able to provide direction to the Global Tech Support Teams (in all Geos) on crash analysis, advanced debugging, programming examples, code training and complex code change explanations. Additionally, you may be required to write complex technical articles (white papers) and sample code for the knowledge base.
* May have worldwide travel requirements to remote Citrix offices to train Global Escalation Engineers on advanced troubleshooting and debugging techniques.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
The Development Analysis Engineer must possess excellent problem solving and communication skills. In addition, you must be flexible, dependable and have excellent time management skills. The Technical skills required for this position are a solid knowledge of C/C++ programming, debugging and problem solving skills.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
Position requires a B.S. [in Computer Science, Engineering] or M.S. with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience. Experience working with multi-tiered application design and development, as well as, experience with debugging techniques and tools required, including the ability to analyze and debug dump files, network and stack traces.
Technical Skills Requirements:
You should have strong experience with the following concepts and/or technologies:
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in working with Windows internals
* Strong understanding of Windows kernel mode and user mode subsystems and good in Kernel mode & User mode APIs
* 3 to 5 years of working experience on kernel mode and user mode debugging with Windbg
* Strong in C and C++ or C#
* Exposure to troubleshooting tools like WPA / Perfmon, Procmon, Process Explorer, Spy++ is a plus
* Exposure to Windows UI messaging, WinForms internals, ADSI, NDIS & WDDM is a plus
* Desirable to have good understanding of basic Networking concepts - Protocols, Trace Analysis and NDIS.
* Understanding of x86 / x64 Assembly Language is a plus
Functional Area:Software Development
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we're all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You'll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
","industry":"Software Development","title":"Senior Dev/Analysis Software Engineer","datePosted":"2019-06-07T00:00:00","occupationalCategory":"Engineering","@context":"http://schema.org"}Senior Dev/Analysis Software Engineer in San Francisco, Costa Rica | Engineering at citrix Job Description
Share this Opportunity
Citrix Systems is a cloud company focused on providing networking, virtualization and remote access software applications.