What IT Client Support contributes to Cardinal Health
IT Client Support is responsible for providing Tier 2+ support for software and hardware devices (virtual or physical) related to desktops, laptops, warehouse technologies, and associated peripherals.
* Demonstrates knowledge of client and warehouse hardware, software, operating systems, network configuration, server interaction, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
* Confers with end users, technology teams, and vendors to resolve incidents and fulfill requests. Ability to work independently or via a team collaboration process.Experience providing support via in-person, phone, or remote methods.
* Installs/removes/configures hardware and software.
* Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills to manage and deliver exceptional customer service. Partners with end users to correlate business requirements to technology solutions (strong business acumen).
* Prioritizes effectively and escalates as needed.
* Responds to customer needs and services as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years experience in related field preferred
* Applicable technical certifications preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
* Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
* Identifies possbile solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
* Applies judgment within defined parameters
* Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
* Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
* Diagnose and resolve unique, problems with hardware, software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
* Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, inventory and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
* Address user tickets within documented service levels
* Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
* Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
* Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
* Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
* Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
* Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue. (Remote troubleshooting using remote software.)
* Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
* Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
* Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
* Record technical issues and solutions in logs
* Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients and follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
* Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge articles and manuals
* Serves as a mentor to Help Desk and Junior desktop analysts
* Proven work experience as a Senior Desktop Support Analyst or similar role
* Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
* Good Strong understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
* Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
* Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
* Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
* Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
* Excellent problem-solving, multitasking skills and communication skills
* Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
* Customer-oriented attitude
* Proficient in Windows 7, 10, Office 365
* Proficient with Cisco VPN technologies and troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of Telecom technologies. Interactive Intelligence and Genesys platform experience preferred.
* Proficient in use of Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC)
* Ability to read, understand and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.