BSH Home Appliances Corporation - Top Employer US 2019
Tomorrow is our home.
Find out how easily you can achieve at BSH Home Appliances Corporation: As a leading manufacturer of home appliances and solutions, we encourage commitment and open-mindedness among our employees. With our global brands Bosch and Gaggenau as well as our local brand Thermador, our focus truly is on innovation. And that doesn't just apply to our products and services, but also drives the way in which we cooperate, exchange ideas and organize our teams. Everyone is invited to make their individual contribution to our overall success. Join us now and give your career a home.
Senior Designer, User Interface
Irvine, CA / Full-time
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that will be responsible for the conception and realization of User Interface Design for the Bosch and Thermador Home Appliance brands in North America. This position will be pivotal in the long-term development and strategy of the user experience and interaction with our appliances. This role will include detailed hands-on User Interface design and developing our UI strategy. She/he will drive UI design based on consumer needs, conduct usability testing, manage external firms for UI prototyping and design specification, and work with software development to ensure the quality of implementation.
* Support Industrial Design Director with the User Interface Strategy and Vision of Thermador and Bosch North America home appliances.
* Lead usability testing on low and high fidelity UI prototypes.
* Translate consumer insights into UI design proposals.
* Manage external User Interface firms to develop User Interface concepts, prototypes, and detailed UI design specifications including screen designs, pixel location of assets, fonts, animations, and sounds for transfer and implementation by software development teams.
* Work with software development teams to ensure implementation and quality of design.
* Collaborate with the Industrial Design team to implement UI in context of total product experience.
* Trend scouting and identification of emerging UI/UX trends and technologies.
* Recommend and develop tools and best practices for UI design work.
* Bachelor's Degree required. A Bachelor's Degree in fields related to User Interface Design or User Experience Design preferred.
* 5+ years of experience.
* Extensive computer knowledge of UI software: Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Keynote, etc.
* Knowledge of consumer research, usability testing, design thinking, and UX methodologies.
* Experience with embedded user interfaces or industrial design background is a plus.
* Capable of working on multiple UI design projects
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Optimistic, creative and motivating personality with good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Must be team oriented and flexible.
* Highly organized with exceptional planning capabilities.
* Ability to moderate group discussions.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and be prompt in meeting deadlines.
* Motivation to take on greater responsibilities over time with a positive attitude.
* Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
* Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Keynote, Invision, Sketch, etc.
* Advise Industrial Design department on best software
* Travel required approximately 20% (Domestic & International).
Candidate must submit a resume and User Interface design portfolio as a pdf or web-link for consideration.
* A comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, educational assistance and a 401(k) plan.
Please visit career.bsh-group.com and learn about what makes BSH a Top Employer!
This position is eligible for the BSH Associate Referral Program
EOE / AA Employer
We participate in E-Verify