We're looking for a talented Senior Designer to help define and inform compelling experiences, that empower people to achieve more together. You'll have the opportunity to shape the direction of Microsoft Teams, a new chat-based collaboration app, which is changing how people communicate and get things done together. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds and our designs are grounded in consumer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a framework and experiences millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives. Most of all, we're motivated by the desire to create product experiences people will love. This space is going through rapid growth and we would love to have you on board!
We are looking for a Designer who can inspire, define, articulate, and deliver amazing solutions. Leading by example is a critical skill for this role: someone who wants to do great design, help us tell our stories, and inspire our design team and our organization. Being highly creative with the flexibility to solve a variety of design problems is a must. You need to be great at zooming from big picture thinking to detailed design and love doing both. You will be responsible for facilitating the delivery of world-class designs from conception through completion, by deeply collaborating with engineering, product management, and other design teams. You will need to be able to communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods-from telling a compelling story, to providing sketches, to building prototypes or creating fully rendered designs.
Portfolio review required.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
* Min 8+ years' experience in interactive design, information architecture.
* 5+ years' mobile experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration.
* Experience with any of the following are huge plusses: NUI, motion graphics, or film.
* History of impacting shipping products with your work.
* Graphic/visual design experience a plus.
* A BA or advanced design degree is a must.
* Great at inspiring collogues in and out of your team
* Always open to sharing design methods, process' and tools
* You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, developers, and product management.
* Strong cross-group collaboration, persuasion and presentation skills.
* Self-motivated and driven to get the details right.
* You work well with others and don't have an ego that gets in the way.
* Possess a growth mindset towards problem solving
* Good sense of humor.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finished product.
* Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways that blend together brand personality, visuals, motion, and sound to create delightful experiences.
* Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
* Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
* Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.