At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. By joining our Worldwide Learning Innovation Lab team, you can play an important role in this mission. We are looking for a senior designer that will be responsible for helping us design and implement Microsoft's next generation learning experiences. In this role, you will have an opportunity to build innovative solutions and impact the way our employees, customers and partners learn. You will focus on developing deep insights about our users and prototype designs for next generation learning experiences. In this role, you will be responsible for working with multiple lab stakeholder groups focusing on the user experience and UI design for all the lab's products and services. Your responsibilities will be to develop learning experience proofs of concept, use data to determine what works and what does not, and maintain a consistent information architecture across all of the lab's products and services. You will play a key role in representing the voice of the user. The experiences you would own will provide engaging, streamlined and modern approaches for learners as they build their skills and careers. Experience in delivering innovative technology solutions to market is essential. You will work in sprints with data scientists, designers, and engineers to deliver learning technology
* 3+ years of experience in a design, UX/UI focused role
* 2+ years of experience with user experience research
* Demonstrated ability to architect, plan and deliver innovation designs for shippable products and services
* Experience in learner-focused design, UX methodologies, and UI tools
* Ability to find solutions and a path forward even in ambiguous situations
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams in a large/complex organization
* Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple work streams
* 3+ year(s) of experience working in design roles within an engineering or innovation team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Functioning as the voice of the user in our design discussions and gathering data from users to support the design process
* Develop and execute proofs of concept (sketches and mockups) and A/B tests that allow us to deliver the most impactful learning experiences
* Contribute to creating the UX and UI for all the Innovation Lab's products and services
* Actively lead our work on prototyping, information architecture, and work closely with the product managers
* Design user flows and experiences that are incredibly simple, elegant, and humanistic
* Provide subject matter expertise to our team and the broader organization on the latest/greatest approaches and tools for UX/UI design
* Work collaboratively in cross-functional team design sprints with members inside WWL and across Microsoft.
* Communicate progress and opportunities through weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.