Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Do you like solving tough technical problems through collaboration, strong design thinking, and excellent visual design skills? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? The Microsoft 365 Admin Design Studio is a team of multidisciplinary designers working to make technology that integrates seamlessly into the human world. We're at the forefront of making the next generation of management software for businesses across the world - and we are hiring!
Our studios are large, modern, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences that integrate content, software, hardware, and services. Interaction, motion, and visual designers team up to share ideas and work on Microsoft 365, the future of how Microsoft will empower businesses across the world. Every studio partners with top-notch teams of program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who advise on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback. If coding constraints are just another piece of the design puzzle for you, and you're excited about expanding your design skills across visual, interaction, and motion design--we want to talk to you.
This role is in the Microsoft 365 Admin Design Studio with an emphasis on interaction design. You'll be responsible for evolving and extending the Microsoft 365 experience in the areas of Security and Compliance. Security and Compliance (S+C) are perhaps the largest challenges our customers face today! The move to the cloud, securing the Internet of Things (IoT) at home and work, and increasing attacker sophistication - means these challenges are growing at a seemingly exponential pace. This requires a fundamentally different approach. How can our experiences help business customers find the needle in the haystack? See the end-to-end view across their entire digital estate? Seamlessly integrate AI to complement the ingenuity of humans. Take care of these challenges for customers so that they can focus on their core missions instead. One day, all problems will be solved this way - and S+C is pioneering this approach today. It is also one of the biggest growth engines for the Microsoft 365 business! All designers on the team must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, and brand integration. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, and you'll get the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
* 6+ years (post education) related UX design experience in product, company or agency. Preferably with experience working on complex business applications/productivity experiences.
* A BA/BS or higher degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or field related degree.
* Deep knowledge and application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices
* Strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, color, animation and motion.
* Proven experience and solid working knowledge of information architecture, task-flow models, state-transition diagrams, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines.
* Strong collaboration influencing skills with proven ability to lead and inspire.
* Self-motivated, directed, and independent
* Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design.
* Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
* Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions.
A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes and delivering comprehensive specifications. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You're a strong UX leader and designer who loves to learn, solve challenges, and take breakthrough ideas to turn them into meaningful experiences. You've worked on a variety of projects to propel the vision and roadmap from conception until release.
* You spearhead high level strategic design thinking, inspire and work collaboratively with design and product leadership, fellow interaction designers, visual and motion designers, researchers and data scientists. Bouncing ideas around, formulating plans, and charting the path forward is your jam as much as any solo design time.
* You're a tireless advocate for the customer-enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredibly simple, elegant and purposeful designs.
* You understand how to bring a team together to solve difficult product and customer problems, fixing what's not quite right and smoothing the customer's journey through the product.
* You're fluent at communicating, and comfortable influencing others and building consensus around design direction.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.