The focus of Microsoft Experiences and Devices Group (E+D) is to design and build trusted experiences for people at work, at school and at home, and unlock creativity and teamwork with multi-sense technologies and AI. E+D brings together Microsoft's world-class products used by hundreds of millions of users, with research and innovation to create truly intelligent systems and products for our customers.
FUSE Labs is an agile cross-disciplinary lab, at the forefront of Microsoft's Conversational AI, Language understanding and Machine learning/teaching experiences. We provide a platform to build conversation-based experiences that enable people to interact with products and services in an intelligent manner, including speech, graphics (cards), text, using pattern matching, state tracking and artificial intelligence techniques, such as LUIS.ai, QnA Maker), Azure Machine Learning, Microsoft Bot Service.
We're growing our team and are looking for a Senior Designer (individual contributor) who has experience with systems design, Conversational AI, Natural Language Understanding, data science and/or conversational design, and is passionate about solving complex problems and exploring new territory...
Do you live and breathe to understand, experiment and design with emerging technologies to create tangible solutions that meet (new) user needs and business objectives?
Are you a great team player, collaborator and communicator who enjoys working with engineers, researchers and scientists to create compelling experiences and scalable systems?
Are you fast and fluent in visualizing and iterating ideas and experiences (your own and others)?
If sounds like a good match for you, come join us!
* A portfolio demonstrating your process and expertise in designing (and delivering) delightful products and experiences targeted to a professional audience
* Five (5) years or more of experience in:
* User experience design, interaction design, visual design
* Interactive design prototyping
* The following is a plus:
* Conversation Design
* Natural Language Understanding
* Data science and analysis
* Voice, speech and/or conversational design
* Experience in and comfortable with highly technical concepts and close collaboration with as well design for a highly technical audience
* Excellent communication (written, verbal and visual), presentation and organizational, project and time management skills
* A university or college degree, or equivalent, in Interface Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Architecture etc.
* Experience with (developing and conducting) user research studies, synthesis of feedback, and design of inspiring solutions based on customer insights.
* Creation of interaction, visual and motion design documents and prototypes including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, storyboards, wireframes, motion studies, visual style guidelines competitor analysis, and heuristic analysis
* Strong visual sensibilities and ability to define and guide the creation of a design language
* Experience creating and defining UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
* Fluent in using design tools such as Adobe Suite and Sketch; experience with other tools ranging from HTML/CSS to Proto.IO/Framer or other, is a plus
* Comfortable with a variety of development processes and methodologies including agile
Experience in effective collaboration and partnering with other teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Envision, design and communicate inspiring concepts and concrete solutions for Conversation Design experiences for a variety of platforms (speech, text, visuals and combinations of these), based on deep understanding of customers
* Lead by example and guide people and teams to design and create, sketch or build scenarios, storyboards, flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts to effectively communicate a design vision, concepts, and detailed design solutions
* Collaborate closely with leadership of the team to plan, define objectives, success criteria and a roadmap for the FUSE team
* Develop comprehensive plans to drive strategic user research and effectively collect and use customer feedback to improve the user experience of our products and platform
* Plan and facilitate creative design and product planning sessions
* Explore and define methods to ensure design quality and efficiency
* Explore and define new UX models, patterns and guidelines
* Share design vision and solutions with stakeholders, including sr leadership
* Develop relationships with existing customers (1st and 3rd party), clients and partners and work closely with them to ensure their objects and needs are heard and leverage their input to inspire improvements or new ideas and concepts.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.