You're a designer (any discipline) who loves to learn, solve challenges, and dream up breakthrough ideas. You've worked on multiple similar projects already, and you're looking for a new adventure. You're a tireless advocate for the customer-enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredible software products.
You're passionate about your interests, and you want to work on projects that will change the world for the better. You understand how to bring a team together to solve difficult product and customer problems, fixing what's not quite right and smoothing the customer's journey through the product. You find ways to reduce the number of screens, remove the extraneous, drive users to the next screen or next step, and shorten the path to "Wow!"
You'll work in a focused team collaborating with fellow designers, content designers, interaction designers, visual and motion designers, qualitative researchers, data scientists, and producers. Bouncing ideas around, formulating plans, and charting the path forward is your jam as much as any solo design time. You're fluent at communicating with product managers and developers as well as influencing your team and studio to simplify, integrate, and co-create successful customer experiences that work together. And you're comfortable influencing others around how we all want the same thing, what that thing is, and why you think the team has landed a solution that will help make Customer Care Intelligence a suite of business apps that customers will love.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You bring these things to the role:
* A unique ability to create UX strategies and solutions from the customer point of view
* Team collaborator who delivers highly usable and compelling customer experiences
* Disciplined user of research data and insights to drive decisions and measure success
* Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
* Understand agile workflow
* Deep understanding of UX's role in the application development process
* Comfortable with ambiguity, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and have a point of view
* Possess a decisive bias toward action
* Proficient at influencing for impact • Evangelist of UX among partner teams to raise product quality
* 7+ years of combined product design, enterprise UX, or relevant agency-side experience.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.