Mckinsey & Company
* Bachelor or Master degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Centered Computing or Engineering, Fine Arts, or Graphic Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification
* 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in a client facing setting, designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
* Experience collaborating and problem solving with a cross-functional team, including a variety of stakeholders across business functions and levels
* Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
* Demonstrated capabilities of a hands-on practitioner proven through a diverse body of work using visual design software (Adobe CS, Sketch, Flinto and Principle), rapid prototyping tools (InVision) and research tools (AirTable, Tableau, Google Analytics). Animation and video production/editing abilities a plus.
* Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies
* Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and internal team
* Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to adapt, self-organize and define your own tasks in an ever-changing environment
* Results-oriented with a strong emphasis on collaboration and a positive attitude
* Passion for evangelizing design and elevating our design practice both internally and externally
* Willingness to travel approximately 75% of the time to client sites
* Optional by region: Professional language skills in English + "x" language
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our San Francisco office as part of McKinsey Design.
McKinsey Design drives client growth by delivering breakthrough physical and digital products, customer experiences, and design-led innovation. Our approach is multi-disciplinary, combining out of the box creativity with the analytical rigor of McKinsey to innovate at scale and speed across private, public and social sectors. Our highly-skilled, cross-functional team of designers, business strategists and agile developers deliver service concepts, experiential prototypes and go-to-market products to transform clients' businesses.
Our Design team offers the breadth and experience of 350+ world-class design talent from LUNAR Design, Veryday and McKinsey's homegrown experience design practice. At McKinsey Design, we bring a diverse community of designers and innovators passionate about getting in the minds of our customers and elevating design capabilities to the forefront of business decisions, impact and results.
Our unique studio culture is casual and social, with an emphasis on knowledge building and innovation. We have the freedom experiment, work iteratively, and are constantly learning and growing. Our community emphasizes the importance of mentorship, collaboration and propelling the value of good design.
What You'll Do
You will apply the human centered design approach on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into products, services and environments. You will be responsible for key design deliverables across a variety of stages and client priorities, from research and insight generation to concept and delivery.
As a member of our team, you will join in our significant and serious efforts to embed design into strategic problems. On your projects, you will work on blended cross functional teams and will tackle all aspects of the design process. You will think creatively and strategically, dissecting business problems and using design methodologies to develop innovative outcomes.
To gain user insights, you will utilize qualitative and quantitative research and testing, persona development, customer journeys, and service blueprints. To communicate your findings, you will engage our clients with your storytelling and narration skills, leveraging a variety of verbal and visual methods (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc).
You will leverage all forms of visual design capabilities to prototype and iterate on UX/UI design that represent a realistic feel of the intended user experience, including sketching, information architecture, wireframes and user flows. You will lead these usability testing sessions, synthesize findings and iteratively integrate them into design solutions.
You'll also participate in interactive workshops and concept sprints to inject design thinking tools and methodologies to produce tangible results in a rapid and iterative way with our clients. Throughout the design process, you'll work closely with client teams to communicate the product vision, ensure that design specifications are implemented, and strengthen your client's capabilities through coaching and sharing of design best practices.
In your role as Senior Experience Designer, you will have a platform to build mentor and mentee relationships and contribute to our community culture at McKinsey Design. Your experience will be multi-disciplinary, working side by side with designers, engineers, business strategists and clients. You will be fully immersed in the convergence of design, human behavior, business and technology, and you will be part of a team that is truly transformative in the way it thinks, acts and impacts our clients.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mckinsey & Company
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.