The P+W Texas Practice is growing and we are looking for the right candidate to add to our Design Team. The Senior Designer will be responsible for initiating and creating project designs and plans, including programming, predesign, schematic design, design development, implementation, and delivery of multiple or significant large scale and complex projects. Provides design direction to project teams and mentors junior designers under direction of the Design Principal. Join an award winning design firm!
* Collaborates with Design Principal in developing design concepts. * Generates design ideas and solutions and communicates effectively to project team and client. * Designs in accordance with project schedules, budgets, applicable codes and ordinances. * Directs the production of schematic and design development documents. * Performs design review of design documents on several concurrent projects. * Oversees the review of design documents for compliance with program and design concepts. * Directs and coordinates design consultants in all phases. * Generates and supervises design presentations. * Participates in client presentations and interviews. * Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
* Demonstrates thorough understanding of project management process including scope, budgets and schedule. * Exercises maturity in architectural judgment in anticipating and solving complexities, determining program objectives and requirements. * Stays current with evolving building technology and systems applicable to the design process. * Performs tasks according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual.
* Manages design development process. * Leads, organizes and directs project design team. * Leads, organizes and mentors junior staff. * Must be able to Pitch and participate in new business pursuits.
* Professional Degree in Architecture
* 10+ years * Advanced knowledge of architecture and design concepts, practices and methods * High level of creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving * Excellent sketching and/or computer skills and conceptual design skills * Experience directing or coordinating work efforts of junior staff * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Collaborative and professional work ethic * LEED AP or within 6 months of hire * Licensure
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
At Perkins+Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins+Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.