Do you want to be part of Microsoft's digital and cultural transformation?
Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) builds the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We are reinventing how we operate and radically improving the experience of our customers, partners, and employees to accelerate growth for Microsoft. We are enabling our company's digital transformation and building reliable end-to-end experiences to empower our employees to achieve more.
The CSEO Studio is a vibrant community of customer-obsessed product people (Designers, UX Researchers, Accessibility Experts, Program Managers) who are motivated by working together on challenging problems. We are a team of people with diverse skills, but we share some core values: curiosity, humility, persistence, and creativity. We're looking for a seasoned and impactful Senior Visual Designer who shares our values and wants to make a difference at Microsoft.
What you'll need:
* 7+ years of relevant design experience with proven success in working with partners and customers; Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within milestone deadlines
* Presentation of a strong design portfolio (depth and breadth of interaction and visual)
* Deep expertise of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.) and creation of a variety of visual mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, and motion and visual guidelines
* Eye and passion for product quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail
* Innate curiosity, data driven, and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup-like environment; growth mindset
* Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
* Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically and agilely
* Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, concept maps, prototypes, interaction guidelines and other related artifacts for a strong interaction point-of-vie
* Demonstrable ability to work with program management, engineering and research
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Outcomes you'll drive:
* Create visual designs for cross-platform experiences, with a good understanding of user and business needs
* Create visual design guidelines by abstracting and modularizing design patterns
* Collaborate effectively with product and interaction designers to grow designs from low fidelity wireframes to full fidelity solutions
* Align work with the coherent visual design systems from across Microsoft and help to enhance the design language as required
* Rapidly iterate through multiple concepts, striving to find the best solutions and communicate solid rationale with stakeholders for design choice
* Give data meaning through beautiful and functional information visualization
* Have an excellent eye for detail and execute to the highest standard
* Work collaboratively on a larger design team made up of interaction designers, visual designers, motion designers and front-end developers focused on end-to-end experience
* Work closely with the engineering teams to ensure that designs are implemented correctly
* Have a solid grounding in a user-centered design process and ability to leverage research insights to identify user needs, explore, iterate, and define solutions that we can validate with users.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.