Microsoft's Hardware teams are driven by progressive, diverse, and exceptionally creative professionals who design, test and manufacture some of the best-loved entertainment devices in the world. Our teams ship tens of millions of hardware products every year including the Xbox One X, Xbox One S, a full accessories lineup, and more. Microsoft is the destination for the brightest minds in entertainment device design. Come be part of what's next.
* 10-15 years' experience with embedded computer product design, design verification, and developing automated tests
* 5-7 years' experience designing, integrating, and maintaining automated test systems
* Ability to analyze systems, sub systems down to board level, and new technologies to define verification requirements
* Understanding of computer system architecture and Firmware and Windows OS
* Technical depth in multiple areas of embedded systems and computer systems such as power delivery and management, FW, storage devices, control buses such as I2C, USB, MIPI, HDMI and DDR
* Experience with hardware prototype bring-up and failure analysis
* Experience with debugging or developing firmware and software. Ability to sort hardware from software failures
* Has implemented automation with Lua, perl, python or LabView
* Able to use statistical techniques to analyze large data sets and design experiments. Experience with JMP, r, or Power BI or equivalent applications
* Ability to plan for and manage the execution of several different devices under test.
* BSEE required. MS preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We currently have an opening in the Xbox System Engineering group for a Senior Systems/Verification Engineer who has ownership of significant parts of our system and sub systems verification definition and execution. Your focus will be analyzing how the Xbox Console and Accessories perform as an integrated system. We're looking for someone who likes a fast-paced environment, relentlessly working to get to root cause, and can juggle multiple products in development. You will develop and implement new tests, improve the efficiency of the system, support debug of failures found during test. You will work closely with other system engineers and engineers from the silicon, motherboard, firmware, and software development teams.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.