Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Devices Hardware Quality team focuses on validating the design and features of some of our hottest new devices, using real world testing and sophisticated telemetry collection. We are currently building the next generation of devices and we need you!
* Do you have 8+ years in hardware validation?
* Do you have 2+ years managing complex, cross-team projects?
* Do you have PC IT experience?
* Do you have a good understanding of computer architectures?
* Do you have the ability to quickly ramp-up on complex new technologies?
* Are you good at investigating and troubleshooting ambiguous issues and driving to a solution?
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Devices Hardware Quality team is seeking a talented, experienced candidate with a strong device systems and software background to join our selfhost team. Our selfhost program is an internal Beta program for pre-released products. Job responsibilities will encompass validating firmware and hardware for prototype devices to evaluate quality for release to selfhost users. Additionally you will design, implement, and manage selfhost programs, and reporting back quality results over the product development lifetime. You need to be a team player who works well in a highly collaborative environment with peers in other disciplines. You will be a cornerstone of helping us drive our quality processes and goals to ensure we ship the highest quality products.
Key responsibilities include:
* Be a strong leader!
* Partner with hardware and software development teams to create selfhost program for our devices and accessories.
* Manage the health and effectiveness of our programs and build effective relationships with participants in the programs.
* Perform low-level debugging and testing of the device and accessory hardware and firmware.
* Champion potential negative customer quality issues and experiences and drive to resolution.
* Report bugs, sub-system performance, and the quality of the overall user experience from the validation programs as part of quality reviews, checkpoints, and milestones.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.