At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies - especially their HR teams - better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture - all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We're a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions - enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future - enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
Senior Design Systems Engineers are integral members of the UX organization and are responsible for developing the core building blocks that translate a design into production code. They are responsible for driving design system strategy, delivering complex user interactions, advancing the craft, and expanding our market leading suite through modularity and code. They mine for opportunities to support product designers and product development partners in the implementation of the visual design system into product team code through the creation of reusable front-end components.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
* A fierce advocate for continuous improvement by applying the latest development techniques and principles to solve complex user needs.
* An independent thinker and self-starter who proactively seeks out new opportunities with a commitment to the highest quality.
* A humble facilitator who collaborates and seeks feedback from a diverse, cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product owners, and product team leaders.
* Passionate about maintaining and contributing to a comprehensive design system that is the foundation of our cohesive customer experience.
* Energized by understanding our user's unmet needs through the proficient application of development techniques.
* Is opportunistic when bringing creativity and fresh thinking to their work as it evolves in the software development lifecycle.
How we work:
* Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
* Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
* Customers at the center of everything we do
* Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
* Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
* Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
* A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
* Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
* Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
* A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
* Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
* A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
* Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology or design related field or equivalent experience
* Must have at least 7 years of experience creating patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences. Creating experiences at an enterprise level organization preferred
* Deep understanding of component-based architecture within front-end frameworks including React and Angular and must be able to evolve development techniques for design systems
* Competent in either User Research or Product Design
* Strong UX understanding and communication skills with an ability to collaborate with UX designers
* Familiarity with common creative tools such as Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Cloud
* Must have experience working in an agile software development environment working on/with cross functional teams to deliver a product user experience
* Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve user experiences and then deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
* Able to effectively communicate development techniques with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
* Can confidently balance many projects at one time while delivering a valuable user experience
During the last three months, you would have:
* Proactively engaged with product designers to help realize experiences for our users
* Proactively engaged with engineering teams to create the design system components to realize designs that shape the user experience fully
* Embraced emerging standards while promoting best practices to push the limits of what's possible
* Driven an unwavering commitment to quality in modular components for the design system that are distributable and consumable by the engineering community
* Evangelized the efforts of the design system's modular components to the engineering community and stakeholders
* Offered and solicited feedback from team members to continually better the design practice
* Lived our culture and principles and followed standards in executional and operational excellence
* Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
* Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
* CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
* Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
* DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
* 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
* Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
* Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
* Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
* Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there's no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
* Flexible work hours
* Paid Parental Leave
* Ample volunteer opportunities and events
* Health and wellness program
* Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, "We" is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is a company providing cloud-based payroll and human capital management software solutions.