Job ID: WT-1033992 Description:
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for leveraging a human-centered design to effectively create and capture value by reconciling customer needs with business goals enabled by the organization's unique capabilities; taming enterprise-level complexity and leading multi-level design strategy; providing end-to-end experience stewardship, bringing a human-centered, design-led approach to uncovering explicit and latent customer needs and the coordination of a synchronized approach to experience management.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors degree in design strategy, design planning, or service design
* 5 years of project work experience in the design strategy, design research or service design space.
* Experience planning and conducting research programs (including secondary and primary research), analyzing and synthesizing qualitative data and co-facilitating concept/design workshops
* Systems thinking
* Service design understanding
* Experience collaborating and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience with user-centered design practices, methods and tools.
* Experience generating user-friendly reports with strategic thinking and visuals.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Advanced degree
* You have an uncanny ability to sell in a design-led approach and effectively work with cross-functional collaborators (i.e., non-practitioners)
* Experience coaching and/or maturing design as an organizational competency
* Deep experience and mastery with design, research, and synthesis methods and activities
* Experience in healthcare is a plus
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago