Rue La La
We're looking for…
A Senior Digital Designer to design and build digital experiences for Rue La La. We're looking for someone with the desire to be a part of something big, the training and foundation to create outstanding work daily, a sophisticated aesthetic sense, and the interest to learn and succeed in a dynamic retail fashion environment. You'll be joining a group that prides itself on the excellence of everything they do, that respects and protects the integrity of the world-class brands we feature, and has fun together doing it. This position reports to the Associate Creative Director.
* Maintain our brand style guidelines and ensure brand design consistency across projects with a primary focus on site and email projects.
* Develop, maintain and consistently innovate the design, templates and visual content of our site, email and social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, YouTube, etc.
* Brainstorm and collaboratively develop new initiatives for our Members to increase brand loyalty and sales.
* Develop and maintain requirements, documentation and processes for all Digital projects.
* Work collaboratively and constructively on each project with others on the team including UX Designers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Marketing, etc.
* Produce digital assets as appropriate for new templates and emails
* Partner with UX Designers, Product Managers and Marketing on QA and testing
* Work with Information Technology staff to deliver final assets into production environment
* Develop partnerships with Marketing and Information Technology team and be the go-to person for all online projects.
* Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
* Receive and give constructive feedback on each project
This position requires:
* Design chops - we're looking for someone with a passion for and mastery of design in the digital and social space, and the desire to both direct and be hands-on.
* Sophisticated sense of color
* Great understanding of current online design best practices such as Responsive Web Design and Email Templates.
* Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to manage and meet deadlines
* Ability to lead and mentor Junior Digital Designers
* Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge), and a deep understanding of CSS/HTML.
* Experience creating and optimizing graphics for the web
* 3+ years of management experience with design background.
* Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing, social media and ecommerce
* A strong portfolio showing both training and potential
* BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography
We can't wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Rue La La
Rue La La is a provider of an e-commerce shopping platform offering best-selling brands at discount prices.