We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Would you like to take an active part in the eSIM revolution for IoT? Join ARM to be at the heart of the action!
We are working on pioneering technologies to enable the connected Internet of Things. We trust that every device can be connected, with no compromise on quality, security or privacy.
We are hiring a team to undertake the deployment of our server technologies which manage provisioning, over the air updates and subscription management for millions of SIMs. The team will be responsible for enabling our customers and ensure that they experience fast time to value. Target deployment will be both cloud (private and public) as well as dedicated hardware provided by the customers. Deployment requirements will be gathered on a per project basis as each deployment will offer different challenges.
The team is global and located in the United States, Belfast and Noida so it is essential that the team members can work effectively across time zones and cultures.
What will I be accountable for?
* Manage cloud deployments, including the provisioning of servers in AWS, Azure or similar
* Continuously improving the server architecture to ensure scalability in line with customer requirements
* Work with customers to deploy bespoke server solutions
* Automate deployments to ensure we can keep up with growing demand
* Work closely with development teams to improve ease of deployment in future products
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* Bachelor's or advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science or related disciplines preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in development, deployment and maintenance of technical projects.
* Experience of SMPP and SMS systems
* Experience with smart card or embedded systems technologies
* Experience debugging problems on distributed Linux environments, preferably enterprise-class systems
* Scripting experience, Bash/Shell
* Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure or similar
* Experience working with customers to solve technical problems
* Experience with Networking and IT Infrastructure
* Experience with database system (MySql or MongoDB)
* Linux (Ubuntu, Centos etc.)
* SSH Hardening, Firewall and secure file transfer
* Apache Tomcat
* Transport Layer Security
* Experience of Object-Oriented Programming
* Experience of Containerisation/Virtualisation, e.g. Docker, Hypervisors such as Xen/ESXi
* Knowledge or experience with devops, continuous integration, test automation and continuous deployment
* Experience with different VPN technologies
* Hazelcast Platform (Open Source in-memory data grid)
* Experience with source control tools, e.g. Git
* Solution architecture
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for Progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings is a company that designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.